1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Under tray cover fell off

yuppyflyer Jun 3, 2017

1. yuppyflyer

yuppyflyer Member

Heard something fall off on day 4 of ownership on the dual carriage way.
    It's a cover which goes underneath behind the front suspension. Anyone else had this?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Simonb1975

Simonb1975 Guest

When I read these forums, I sometimes wonder whether it's an Audi or an Aldi.

ruairi83 and Kestrel like this.
  4. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

I think it's quite common for garages (particularly independent ones) to lose or forget to refit, the various screws/bolts attaching these things. Same with small plastic engine covers, covering things like spark plug in certain engines - most will admit to having a little pile of such items in the corner of their workshop. :culpability:

5. yuppyflyer

yuppyflyer Member

But for a near £40k new car 345 miles from new you probably would not expect it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4

It doesn't matter how much the car cost, after only four days this shouldn't be happening...

7. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

Didn't realise it was a brand new car. I can only guess it was not fitted properly at the factory - very disappointing :grumpy:

8. yuppyflyer

yuppyflyer Member

Newly delivered last Wedensday. Will contact the local dealer and get a taste of Audi Service.

9. yuppyflyer

yuppyflyer Member

Quickly refitted today by Wearside Audi while I enjoyed a coffee. Good service at short notice.

cuke2u likes this.
  10. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4

Probably, or hopefully, they were embarassed at the terrible build quality and the pdi...

11. yuppyflyer

yuppyflyer Member

They weren't the supplying dealer and they provided a quick efficient fix so I could not have asked for more :) Back to enjoying the car now.