Tyres and brake fluid.

Giorgosa

Reaction score
A couple of questions, for 2 year old MY20 A4 35 TFSI, having 13k miles.

• Really frustrated with the wear of Continental 6, thinking to go to Crossclimate+ for the remaining 2 years of lease. 245 35 19 though, are significantly expensive. Can I swap to 255 35 19 which are cheaper?
  • I have a warning for the brake fluid change. Is this a new thing? I never remember this in my old A3? anyone knows if this is required from the lease companies at the end of the agreement?
Thanks in advance.

You'd have to check your lease agreement, but generally you have to service as per the normal durations, so brake fluid change quite possibly, if you don't, they may charge you for not doing as it's a maintenance item.

Reactions: Giorgosa
I thought that brake fluid, from factory fill was only a service item after 3 years, and then every 2 years.

Reactions: Sibmets
I thought that brake fluid, from factory fill was only a service item after 3 years, and then every 2 years.

That's what it is on mine as well. Unless things have changed for newer models.

Think it changed around 2019 as mine has a 2 year brake fluid interval from new. Something to do with the fluid used I think from factory.

Brake fluid definitely a 2 year service item.
The bit that hacked me off was that they called mine in for a separate service to do it, couldn’t just have done it a few months earlier at the main service ! More the hassle factor of another dealer visit and £100 quid lighter

Not surprised about the 6 .

Screenshot 20220201 200121 Chrome

Reactions: WesT-gefül and Giorgosa
Thanks for the responses.

yes, the brake fluid interval is now 2 years; disappointing that I was there last month and they didn't change it. and it is not covered by service plan either.

as for tyres, yes, Contis 6 are a disaster about wear. Would appreciate if anyone swapped 245 35 19 with 255 35 19.... can really understand why 255s are significantly cheaper :sign unfair:

Brake fluid definitely a 2 year service item.
The bit that hacked me off was that they called mine in for a separate service to do it, couldn’t just have done it a few months earlier at the main service ! More the hassle factor of another dealer visit and £100 quid lighter
Most manufactures have changed the first brake fluid change regime to two years which, I assume is based upon recommendations from the fluid manufactures. As my 2016 A4 was purchased from new, and on service plan, the first change had no extra charge. My bmw has the same regime also...

Most manufactures have changed the first brake fluid change regime to two years which, I assume is based upon recommendations from the fluid manufactures. As my 2016 A4 was purchased from new, and on service plan, the first change had no extra charge. My bmw has the same regime also...
Yup, but sadly Audi service plans only available on cars with engines 2.0l and under

Thanks for the responses.

yes, the brake fluid interval is now 2 years; disappointing that I was there last month and they didn't change it. and it is not covered by service plan either.

as for tyres, yes, Contis 6 are a disaster about wear. Would appreciate if anyone swapped 245 35 19 with 255 35 19.... can really understand why 255s are significantly cheaper :sign unfair:
I did that on last tyre change. No issues, and extra rubber on road aka grip and more rim protection with tyre while saving money... Win win

Reactions: Giorgosa
Would recommend Goodyear asymmetrical 5 as a great tyre for price and mileage. All I run now, obviously best tyre is the Michelin pilot sport 4 or 4s as they are so highly rated. The other option which are rated by some hankook s1 evo 3. I run 255/ on my a4 too.

As for brakefluid it’s every 2 years but I do mine every year to keep things fresh. I had ebc red stuff pads and they are a game changer with dust and no brake fade at all.

Yup, but sadly Audi service plans only available on cars with engines 2.0l and under
As has always if my memory serves me correctly. I do wonder why Audi do restrict their service plans to certain vehicles only, I have one for my current vehicle, at £16.36 per month. However this doesn't include the brake fluid change but does include the cost of the first MOT and any fluid top ups..

Reactions: SiPie