Tyre rubbing, thinking of a tyre change? opinions. Pic inside.

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
So i bought a set of wheels, and not only do they stick out a whole lot more than standard they also have 235/40/18's on them.
Because of this my rear JOM coilovers are actually fully wound up to stop the scraping, but it still does.

Options?
my thoughts was to change my 2 rear tyres to 215/40/18's which will be a tiny slight stretch to stop the scraping.
maybe even lower the coils afterwards also.

dcpy13.jpg

I have 215/35/18 doesbt rub atall mate but I'm running loads of stretch on 9.5j rims

Removed the screw in the arch?

What's the width of the wheels and offset?

Had 225 40 18 on my fat fives 8.5J et 45 as low as it was and never had any rubbing, tucked the tyre most of the time with no issues.

Had 225 40 18 on my fat fives 8.5J et 45 as low as it was and never had any rubbing, tucked the tyre most of the time with no issues.

it needs more than the screw removing.
the wheels are 'DTM Multispoke Ronal Alloy' 8E0601025AT no idea of offset, but with the 235 tyres on it goes near enough straight upwards and into the side of the wheel arch lol....

maybe they are a a high ET? lol

Should this mean 225/40/18 on 8j et43 shouldn't rub as well?

Couldnt say I've always had 35 in case I had 225/40/18. And rub on rear

Should this mean 225/40/18 on 8j et43 shouldn't rub as well?

Shouldn't but it might, depends how low you run it, theres a sharp bit on the inside of the rear bumper where the screw for the rear bumper sits, and on my setup i'd struggle to get my finger in the gap it was that tight.

you might have to go to 215 but you probably won't.

chances are it'll be fine as it'll sit 2mm further in than the setup i had.

Reactions: Ron burgundy
Shouldn't but it might, depends how low you run it, theres a sharp bit on the inside of the rear bumper where the screw for the rear bumper sits, and on my setup i'd struggle to get my finger in the gap it was that tight.

you might have to go to 215 but you probably won't.

chances are it'll be fine as it'll sit 2mm further in than the setup i had.

Ok mate nice one , think I'm gonna give the 225s a go