tyre pressures for s3 saloon

redlinehigh

Reaction score
i have just had new boots fitted being the new michilin ps4s but when my old tyres were taken off it seemed that they had worn more in the middle!! i wondered if anyone else had found this and if reducing the pressure from front of 42 to 40 might help them wear more evenly??
Any thoughts and expertise would be much appreciated thanks

I run 39 front and 36 rear for partially loaded vehicle, as that is what the load factor is 90% of the time and 44 front and back for fully loaded.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
i have just had new boots fitted being the new michilin ps4s but when my old tyres were taken off it seemed that they had worn more in the middle!! i wondered if anyone else had found this and if reducing the pressure from front of 42 to 40 might help them wear more evenly??
Any thoughts and expertise would be much appreciated thanks
Not the saloon, but I checked mine recently and they were more worn in the middle even though I had them set correctly! What miles did you get out of yours? I'm on 4mm in the middle @ just 16,700 mile.

Run mine 42 front and back but cant comment om my tread wear as only done 2000 miles. However if you were running at 42 that's the middle of the recommended range so would not have expected uneven wear

hi there, thanks for your replies! i got 21k from the original contis!! cheers flying scotsman for your pressures, i think your right with them, so will give them a try!! has anybody else got the ps4s on their car? just wondered how u might rate them?