Tyre Pressure S4 Avant

JRO

Reaction score
Am I missing something, on 4 previous cars I have been able to view individual tyre pressure and on 2 examples even individual tyre temperature.

Yet on the B9 there is nothing, just the ability to set, in order to check I need to step into a time machine travel back a decade and search for an old fashioned tyre pressure gauge. Then struggle watching the wife work out which end does what!

For a car that retails basic spec at £46k I would expect more, am I alone or have I missed this somewhere in the MMi control.

It is the type of TPMS system they use, so no you can't unfortunately whatever the price the car is...

It's an option on the new RS4 but I doubt that there would be the ability to retrofit unfortunately...

Cheers guys, trip to Halfords to purchase the Michelin Tyre Inflator.

This was a big surprise to me .. My BMW had temp and pressure per tyre. Active TPMS effectively . a sensor in each tyre so you have absolute reading , updated every few mins from within the tyre chamber.
Audi £50k+ S4 uses passive tpms... low cost , non direct measurement (detects changes in the circumference of the wheel due to inflation loss when moving via ABS module).
Pretty poor really .. you don't get notification until youre moving... as opposed to BMW where you'd get the bong as soon as ignition turned on.

Reactions: JRO
Agreed, this is disappointing doesn't take away from the fact what a great car the S4 is, but from a safety and also sports package where tyre pressure has such an impact.....feel Audi has left us short.

This was a big surprise to me .. My BMW had temp and pressure per tyre. Active TPMS effectively . a sensor in each tyre so you have absolute reading , updated every few mins from within the tyre chamber.
Audi £50k+ S4 uses passive tpms... low cost , non direct measurement (detects changes in the circumference of the wheel due to inflation loss when moving via ABS module).
Pretty poor really .. you don't get notification until youre moving... as opposed to BMW where you'd get the bong as soon as ignition turned on.
Which is interesting as the majority of bmw's have run flat tyres, maybe the company has no faith in them....

That is a very valid point but BMW drivers need all the help they can get ...
post-86161-0-73282700-1439713484.jpg

I was trying to be tactful, we lived without any such systems before. Some might say died as well but I had a sudden front tyre deflation in my A3 at 70mph and there was no drama, which, in that case, any tpms system wouldn't have made a slightest bit of difference anyway...

Reactions: RaZ A4