Typical

HotboxDeluxe

automatic
Reaction score
:blink:

I have parking sensors on the back. I've never had them before so still look behind me when parking. They work fine and I almost trusted them. Last night I went out to collect our pizzas, was parking the car quickly and DIDN'T look behind me as I heard no parking bleep...and clattered the Skoda behind me.

:gun2:

They worked fine when I got home and backed it onto the drive :o.k:

I love random, intermittant problemettes...NOT

That's vorsprung durch technik for you.

Vorsprung durch ******** if you ask me...is this Audi-specific though? It seems to me that the more expensive/complex a car is these days, the more niggly crap there is to go wrong :unsure:

My dad's AMG thingy is a fiercely expensive thing, but that has it's days as well...:blink: I was thinking about buying it off him in 2 years, but I'm a bit meh on it now, when the auto lights and stuff play up now at 1 year old, what sort of bills will it have for me in the future I wonder...

If my next car is new, I'm seriously considering ordering it no-options :yes:

:blink:

I have parking sensors on the back. I've never had them before so still look behind me when parking. They work fine and I almost trusted them. Last night I went out to collect our pizzas, was parking the car quickly and DIDN'T look behind me as I heard no parking bleep...and clattered the Skoda behind me.

:gun2:

They worked fine when I got home and backed it onto the drive :o.k:

I love random, intermittant problemettes...NOT

This happened to me as well - was in a hurry and put it in reverse and 'nudged' the car behind me :ermm:

Since then I have noticed it sometimes takes a second or two for the system to engage, just after putting it in reverse.

Woops, was the Skoda guy pi$$ed off?

Not that it's any consolation to you, but I'd never reverse without having a look behind me - I've never come across a reverse sensor system that I fully trust, they all seem to have their moments

Not that it's any consolation to you, but I'd never reverse without having a look behind me - I've never come across a reverse sensor system that I fully trust, they all seem to have their moments

It's the sensible thing I agree - and I always did it too lol except for the one time they decided to sleep on the job :uhm: if my next car is new I'm not ordering them, load of old technology balls

Woops, was the Skoda guy pi$$ed off?

The skoda guy wasn't there. I did however thoroughly check the area with my lighter - tiny tiny mark on mine from the Skoda's number plate, and none on the skoda that i could see :thumbsup:

They are a parking aid and aren't fool proof.

Just ask my Mrs who now has a brand new front bumper and number plate bracket on her MX-5, as a nice chap in his brand new A4 Avant relied on them too much, and they failed to detect that he was going to side swipe her car in our car park at the office.

Wouldn't be so bad as it got rid of 7 years of stone chips, but it took a load of agro and two attempts for his insurance company's nominated bodyshop to get the correct shade of metalic paint.

Paul

Any way I can turn the beeps off? From yesterday on I'm parking properly i.e the good old fashioned method, and the noises will be an irritation :happy:

I drive cars with parking sensors all day at work, and i can honestly say they are rubbish, they beep at times when you are reversing and not goin to hit anythin, and dont beep when your almost certain of hitting somethin!

i have never had a problem with mine honest ever !!!! they work great i just look through the rear view and side mirrors and never had a prob as sooon as i select reverse it beeps ..ive never had it stall or nothing might be a problem with different year cars or something ?????

Any way I can turn the beeps off? From yesterday on I'm parking properly i.e the good old fashioned method, and the noises will be an irritation :happy:

I know if you go into the DIS menu you can turn them down and adjust the frequency so I guess you must be able to turn them off.