Turbo back exhaust

Cmw9

Reaction score
If i fit a turbo back with sports cat will i need a remap to make it work properly or not?

If i fit a turbo back with sports cat will i need a remap to make it work properly or not?

no u dont.

However, you will have a dash light on, because the new exhaust removes a sensor and would need a remap to get rid of the EML light.
And if you wanted to see any power gains from it, you would also need a remap.

But if your not bothered about the light on the dash and dont need an mot for a while, go for it and get a remap later on.

Reactions: S3Alex
Thanks for the reply. Will it not pass the mot with the exhaust or because of the light on?

Thanks for the reply. Will it not pass the mot with the exhaust or because of the light on?

dont think you can pass an mot with any dash lights on at all. The exhaust will be fine, spesh with sports cat.

Thanks for the reply. Will it not pass the mot with the exhaust or just because of the light

Thanks for the reply. Will it not pass the mot with the exhaust or just because of the light

It will fail the MOT if the engine management light is on AFAIK. Also, you will get some good gains by just fitting it, but to get the most out of the exhaust you will need a remap. I got +30Nm by just adding a downpipe with sports cat.

Does it pass with the sport cat?

It should as that's what it's designed for. It'll be on the limit of emissions though as there's less matrial absorbing the emissions than a standard cat.

You'll only need a map to remove the light on the dash, but while your there you may as well have it mapped.