Tuning

Jamesb123

Reaction score
hi all, picked up my new s1 Friday and have to say I'm well impressed with it :). Was looking to buy the dtuk tuning box this week and was wondering what people might suggest I could get to compliment the performance gains. I have a total budget of between 1000-1500 to spend at the moment.
Thanks
James

why not just get a proper map ? bluefin or some thing simlar

I was just going to go with the tuning box for the convenience of taking it off for servicing or any time it had to go into Audi. And from what I've read it seems pretty easy to install/remove yourself.

Hi Matey,
Had my DTUK Box for Six months now,no issues,
great bit of kit,my first oil change was on Friday,
just unplugged the wiring harness to box,and placed the
Included blanking plug in,car returns to stock.
Mind you don't know what they thought of the open
air filter,couldn't really hide that!

Hi Matey,
Had my DTUK Box for Six months now,no issues,
great bit of kit,my first oil change was on Friday,
just unplugged the wiring harness to box,and placed the
Included blanking plug in,car returns to stock.
Mind you don't know what they thought of the open
air filter,couldn't really hide that!
Sounds good, you find it easy to do? And why the air filter open? Also as I'm guessing you're running over 300 Bhp when installed how much of a difference do you find it when you went back to stock?

i wouldnt touch the dt box i want some one to try bluefin on the s1 , might just bite the bullet and be the first

Reactions: DTYME83
Been running Stage 2 APR since September 2015 and loving every minute of it.
DTYME83

If you have a mapped S1 or tuning box fitted what happens to the engine maps used in Eco (I think that's what is called it so long since I used it) and Auto drive select modes? Do these stay the same as original or are they replaced with the tune?

If you have a mapped S1 or tuning box fitted what happens to the engine maps used in Eco (I think that's what is called it so long since I used it) and Auto drive select modes? Do these stay the same as original or are they replaced with the tune?
Don't know. I didn't buy my S1 to put it in eco lol

Reactions: DTYME83
Eco simply restricts the throttle pedal to 80% of its range, unless you push it past the switch at the bottom of the pedal travel.

It's got nothing to do with the engine map.

Reactions: maccduff and DTYME83