Tuning the 2.7T

davew666

Reaction score
I have a friend who runs a 2.7T allroad, and he wants to get it chipped. He found somewhere that will get it up to 340bhp with a chip and exhaust system - from a company called Highfield. Does anyone have any experience with this company, or can you recommend any other companies that do the same/similar things? Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
davew666 said:
a company called Highfield.

[/ QUOTE ]

....never heard of them are you/they based in the UK?

[ QUOTE ]
davew666 said: Does anyone have any experience with this company, or can you recommend any other companies that do the same/similar things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in the UK we have companies like APR, AMD and MTM, who can all offer remaps with substancial power gains on the 2.7T.

In the UK Jabbasport will get 330 - 340bhp (and 330 lb ft torque) with a chip/re-map only. Jabbasport have done two 2.7T engines for me with very impressive results. This power gain is achieved with 1 bar (14 psi) of boost which does not seem to cause premature turbo wear or failure given a sensible warm up and cool down discipline.

I think Jabbas quoted power figure is too high and torque rather conservative.

I run just over 1 bar on my S4 and get 333bhp and 395lbft (which is also somewhat of an overestimate on AmDs rollers) I would realistically expect about 320-325 bhp and abou 370-380lbft. To get 340bhp at the same boost is just not realistic - although the chips do give a significant increase nevertheless.