Trouble starting

cubby

Reaction score
happy new year people!
gave my car couple of goes at the glow plug sign today. started. but only just. only been sittting couple of days. -7c right enough.
my biggest gripe is it's not really the best of starters since this snap has kicked in.
had the car 8 months due a service in 2000 miles.
what you reckon? glow plug?
car is fine as soon as it catches.
54 plate 2.0 tdi sport. bkd engine if this makes any difference.
ta.

Vag-com will tell you if theres a problem with glow plus, one of mine is gone, but it still starts straight away unless its colder than -3.

Make sure you are not just turning the key all the way as you would in a petrol, switch the car on and wait for the coil icon to go out on the dash befor starting.

gave it a couple of goes. ie. on wait for it to go out then repeated it.
seems ok today.(dis says it's colder).
who knows. hopefully just a glitch.thanks anyway.

Yes on the subject of starting, mine catches almost instantly but kinda stutters whilst doing which is why I am thinking flywheel as it can sometimes say every now & then stall just after being started, such is life huh.

****** BKD engines man, all the problems associated with 2.0 TDI's, my concern is my custom map going on tomorrow if no snow which will run at 230 horses & a feck load of torque, only thing left to go on my car now is the head cracking as I've had turbo, rack & possible flywheel, lets hope not huh.