Trev's a big fan

LoL he's not feeling the love for the four rings - maybe he works for BMW !

Reactions: pburv
  • Pmsl......Gotta be post of the day....

Reactions: FBF01, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
You know I'm not sure...but I think he might hate it lol

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Mark_86 and 1 other person
I think he needs to learn how to express his true feelings rather than bottling them up inside....! :)

Reactions: simonali, alistairm1, Rob2k68 and 4 others
Wow... that was emotional.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Poor guy, shouldn't taken out a PCP deal - sucks to be him and people who listen to him are idiots too because its just one person's personal opinion, if it was a design fault it would have been address or even changed but he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
Poor guy, shouldn't taken out a PCP deal - sucks to be him and people who listen to him are idiots too because its just one person's personal opinion, if it was a design fault it would have been address or even changed but he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Funny, I was thinking he's got a company car...

Started by stating 'the satnav is truly awful'.

Stopped reading there - it's normally the ride, the handling, the set-up, etc. if anything.......

LoL he's not feeling the love for the four rings - maybe he works for BMW !
This. Although I am always astounded at the fact that any living, breathing human being with a driving licence would ever purchase a BMW.

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
This. Although I am always astounded at the fact that any living, breathing human being with a driving licence would ever purchase a BMW.

BMW's aren't all bad. I quite like the M2, M4 and M6 GranSport... I saw a 335i Touring with BMW Performance addenda on the motorway the other day, looked really good. But, I do dislike their interiors and horrible instrument dials. Standard models can go do one however...

Reactions: AudiNutta and Rob2k68
The interiors really are crap, even in the performance models... a shame really

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv and Rob2k68
That fairly cheered me up!
Firstly, (unless he was forced to take it) he's the tool that decided to buy it without seeing if he liked it first.
Secondly, the "faults" he lists are more likely be down to user error (or being thick) rather than the cars fault.
Is the A3/S3 the perfect car................ certainly not, but it is nowhere near as bad as this rant makes out.
Just sounds like a malicious review to me without real substance.
:wtf:

Reactions: pburv, batch and Mark_86
Funny, I was thinking he's got a company car...
When I was looking at the A3 as a company car, I had a three-day test drive. Fleet manager liked to make sure that the choice you made was one you would be happy with for the three year lease period. Does sound like Trev used the 'stick a pin in a list' method.

Reactions: Mark_86, Audi Bairn and pburv
Started by stating 'the satnav is truly awful'.

Stopped reading there - it's normally the ride, the handling, the set-up, etc. if anything.......

55305271.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Baldyone and azibux1
My Mrs gets Like Trev some days. I often refer to it as grumbling!!! Kinda undermines the moaning to the level it deserves. Like a suttle noise that's meant to wind you up but in fact can often have the opposite effect. Based on that review, had I not been a current owner I'd very much want to check it out for myself. I'd then find as I know already that trev (like my wife) is an alien with a wonky sense of reality, well in comparison to mine anyway. Trev should do new top gear, I'd deffo tune in for more of the same. Quality post :)

Apart from that blokes rant there does seem to be a lot of hate for Audi online in places like pistonheads. I dont really get it to be honest. I think the fit and finish with the sports seats is brilliant quality, touch wood it's much better screwed together then the mini cooper S i had too (which really was ****).

I hired a 3series recently and it was surprisingly cheap feeling inside, even my mrs pointed out the plasticky feel which isn't something she is usually bothered about. So if you want a main stream car with a nice interior what do you go for? a Lexus perhaps? I think they are quite boring. Volvo? Also boring to me.

Yeah I've never understood the hatred towards Audi. I mean sure if you want a more fun drive then go for a BMW or whatever but every car manufacturer has its merits (even Dacia!).

BMW and Mercedes might have more fun driving dynamics, but Audi is (in my view) a better all around package.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: TDI-line
Trev doesn't like the satnav, I'll just leave this here...

Audi a3 te water zoom

Reactions: Baldyone, BarryG79 and Tom.H
Trev is clearly a little miffed. Clearly not a fan of his particular car, but I think he needs a little perspective on life, there are many many worse things in life, such as a Vauxhall Astra, or Nair hair removal cream for men.

Reactions: BarryG79, Baldyone, Audi Bairn and 2 others
I mean sure if you want a more fun drive then go for a BMW
You see i dont really agree with this. or at least don't understand the logic, many people say rear wheel drive cars are more fun because you can enjoy oversteer chratcterisitics that rear wheel drive cars allow.

Thing is though, how many people have you actually seen "getting the back end out" on a public road? I've seen one guy do it, who promptly flew into the middle of a roundabout and buckled his wheel.

On a track maybe, but public roads?

Reactions: Mark_86 and Tom.H
Well, the S3 does have next-level understeer. Fair enough, I suppose, unexpected oversteer isn't great on a public road, especially for an inexperienced driver.

I took the S3 to a skid pad and played with a mustang and a cayman. While they were doing crazy drifts, I was pulling cones out from under the front bumper. It really hammered home just how extreme the understeer is under poor conditions.

You see i dont really agree with this. or at least don't understand the logic, many people say rear wheel drive cars are more fun because you can enjoy oversteer chratcterisitics that rear wheel drive cars allow.

Thing is though, how many people have you actually seen "getting the back end out" on a public road? I've seen one guy do it, who promptly flew into the middle of a roundabout and buckled his wheel.

On a track maybe, but public roads?

Depends on the driver. Personally, not many. I've owned a few rear drive cars now, and the number of times I've deliberately got it "all sideyways" doesn't add up to much, but then I'm getting old and sensible, I don't like big repair bills, and my sex-life suffers if I do it when my wife is the car. A close friend of mine though gets it sideways regularly, and can seemingly manage it in anything, up to and including a skip lorry, which did surprise me a bit. He is one of these frustrating people with a natural talent and feel for cars though, combined with no fear of crashing, especially if he's in someone else's car. Probably why he's in this years Le Mans 24hr...

Well, the S3 does have next-level understeer. Fair enough, I suppose, unexpected oversteer isn't great on a public road, especially for an inexperienced driver.

I took the S3 to a skid pad and played with a mustang and a cayman. While they were doing crazy drifts, I was pulling cones out from under the front bumper. It really hammered home just how extreme the understeer is under poor conditions.

A front heavy car driving through its front wheels will have a tendency to understeer, and comparison of a hot hatch to a long wheelbase rear drive coupe full of naturally aspirated V8 and a mid engined running shoe isn't really a comparison at all.

If you're understeering that badly that cant follow the lane, you're probably going to fast. It pays to remember that you're still driving a family hatchback, and no matter how much brawn Audi put under the bonnet it's never going to achieve the corner entry speeds of a Cayman, or the ludicrous slip angles of a Mustang. The best performance mod you will ever make is to the driver's skill set, a fact hammered home to me at Brands Hatch a few years ago when a friend of mine took me out on a lap in my own car, and despite never having driven it before he made it dance round corners with levels of finesse and precision and speeds far higher than I thought it would ever be capable of.

On the mechanical side, it's important to remember that you don't have to live with the chassis calibration Audi made it with.
There's plenty of places out there who can adjust the suspension alignment and anti roll bars for you to dial out the understeer should you so desire. Enthusiastic MX5 owners do this almost automatically. The Mk3 for instance was absolutely transformed from "safe but boring" understeer to "should-have-come-from-the-factory-this-way" levels of precision by a simple drop of about 15mm to put the wishbones at more favourable angles, and a tweak of camber and toe settings.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Supa Koopa and Psyman79
I much prefer the driving dynamics of an Audi due to its tightness and stability on the road so I guess I'm boring like that lol, but a good few months back in a friend's 2 Series he was making slide all over the place with ease (it was a very wet and empty carpark at night). It was a bit startling for me at first but it then became fun and made me realise how different RWD cars can be and why people opt for them.

From a person standpoint though, I'd much rather refinement and stability than the thrills of a BMW. That's just me though :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn