Traction control light always on 1st thing in the morning

G4JSG

Gotcha!!!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.oktogo.co.uk
For the last 2 weeks now I have had the traction contorl light on the dash when I start my car first thing in the morning.

If I drive for about 30 mins and then stop and start the car the light goes off for the rest of the day.

Vag-com shows the following faults.
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8E0-614-517.LBL
Part No: 8E0 614 517
Component: ABS/ESP front 1726
Coding: 04275
Shop #: WSC 00011

2 Faults Found:
01826 - Sensor for Steering Angle (G85); Supply Voltage Terminal 30
35-10 - - - Intermittent
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
37-10 - Faulty - Intermittent

So what's the G85? Should i replace it? Can it be repaired? How much are they to buy? Where is it?

Or is this fault related to something else? I went through the steering reset to zero described on the ross tech website but this hasn't changed anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.
John

I had that problem ages ago when my car was still in warrenty, the light would come on and off for no reason. Glasgow Audi replaced the steering angle sensor, think its behind the plastics in about the indicator stalk area. Everything fine since.

intermittent faults are usually a connection issue, so the sensor may have a bad contact to the car.

The G85 intermittent code can also be caused by removing the fuse for the SCSM, try recalibrating it as per the procedure on the Ross-Tech website and clearing the fault codes, then see if they come back.