TPMS

Twizzler

Reaction score
What percentage pressure change have others had before the warning appears? Yesterday I had one about 100 miles from home.
After I parked the car I checked the tyre pressures after leaving them a few hours to cool and found them all around 10% low compared to what I originally stored.
Having pumped them all back up I then reset the TPMS to store the values. The question is this: what has the system actually stored? The car wasn't moved between inflating the tyres and storing the values.

Storing the values just tells the MMI to clear its memory of the rotational speed of the tyres, that's all. It then builds up a new 'profile' over the next 15 minutes or so.

Reactions: Twizzler
I think it's mileage based, to "learn".

Around 60 high speed miles, or town driving, around 100.

The indirect TPMS system will not negate the need to regularly check your pressures manually - it won't detect a gradual loss in all 4 tyres (eg through natural diffusion) for example.

It will normally detect around a 3psi immediate/rapid loss in one or more tyres.

... you also believe in Audi's Variable Long Life Service regime..... ;)

(re TPMS learning - I'm going by observing the measuring blocks in VCDS till the numbers reach a near steady state)