THS De-cat install write up and pics :)

billybravo

Reaction score
Website
www.topgearstockport.com
well my cat had cracked around the join to the flange i will get this welded up in time well before my mot. lol

so i saw this as the perfect time to try out the THS 3" decat pipe its the same build as the ATP one from what i can see and only took one day to come.

i paid 140 including postage and vat

anyway heres the write up http://www.top-end.com/freebies/Cat write up.doc in word format

and i will let the pics speak from themselfs

catbypass%20011.jpg

DeCat%20(10).jpg

DeCat%20(6).jpg

DeCat%20(9).jpg

DeCat%20(14).jpg

I was looking at de-cat pipe myself to try and help free up the engine, have you noticed much difference at all in power / responce, would it be a good mod to do, Cheers Jim

I wouldn't mind joining you on that rolling road day if you have any spare places, i could do with seeing what mine is running at with this other chip in, Jim

we have a few places left the price for 4x4 cars is 45 all in and 35 for fwd or rwd.

if you want to come send me a pm with your email address phone number spec of car and i will also need £15 up front before the day to secure your place

thanks

craig

ps what area are you from mate

Dude where did you get it from??

would it be worth maybe organising a group buy I'll do it if you send me the info, we'll gauge interest and gof rom there I',m defo interested

chris

I've seen em on Ebay new for about £90.

Be good to have it remapped so you can run more timing... really get the most out of it then! Looks good :D

soupie, i have probably asked you this before, where did you get your k04?

i'm waiting for a gt3071 but it is a lot of moeny to do conversion and am thinking of putting a k04 in for the summer, my car feels gutless with newly built engine, i think it is because i'm running std boost with 7:1 compression ratio pistons. with a k04 i can some decent boost in there.

smitch said:

ive seen that one on ebay for time and for 90 i wouldnt buy it ive had the same pipe in my hands which i fitted to a mates a4 and i wasnt to happy with the build of the pipe and its only std size.

for the extra money i would defo go with the ATP or THS pipe which i think is made by the same ppl 3" and top welds and good flanges

then when you go big turbo you can keep this pipe on and run a full 3" system.

did anyone check out my write up on the link in the first post i was trying to get it in pdf format but didnt know how to.

macca said:
soupie, i have probably asked you this before, where did you get your k04?

i'm waiting for a gt3071 but it is a lot of moeny to do conversion and am thinking of putting a k04 in for the summer, my car feels gutless with newly built engine, i think it is because i'm running std boost with 7:1 compression ratio pistons. with a k04 i can some decent boost in there.

Got it off a member on here.

Dont know if they are still on here though. I have had it on for about 20k miles.

billybravo said:
did anyone check out my write up on the link in the first post i was trying to get it in pdf format but didnt know how to.

i have converted it to pdf but don't have anywhere to host it, i can email if you like (2.2mb)

sending in a moment, let me know if it doesn't arrive.

your rs4 engine mounts are they out of a 2007 rs4 then? are they the best to get? need to upgrade mine.

well i didnt know this but after a certain time the s4 mount where uprated to the RS4 mounts but not sure of the year

i got mine from vagparts propper RS4 mounts i did have a part number but lost it somewhere and the the real thing from vag.