Thought I should post some pics of mine at last.

grr666

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my S3
Spec as per sig, since buying it I have changed the grille, tinted the fogs yellow
debadged the rear (and front by buying a different grille), swapped out all the interior lights
for LEDs, put aftermarket numberplate LEDs in added a dead pedal cover (Modded before fitment)
and changed the fog grilles for basic ones.

SAM_1410.jpg

SAM_1418.jpg

SAM_1412.jpg

mys33.jpg

Before front end was mucked about with
mys31.jpg

And after
SAM_1424_zps7be6ceab.jpg

Excuse the dirty carpets...
SAM_1426_zps2320b929.jpg

Next on the list are black mirror covers, and fitting the fan washer jets, then cruise,
private plate and remap.

It reminds me of my last car quite a lot aesthetically speaking..

SAM_0559.jpg

All comments/suggestions welcome

I think a black s3 optics grill would have been better tbh mate, but nice car overall, very clean for sure.

If you need cruise or any tech fitted, give me a shout :)

I did look at the S3 optic grille but since it has a place for the badge
it didn't suit my needs. The brake caliper badges will be next to go.
Externally I'd like this car to be as sleeper as possible, you see lots of
people trying to make their A3s look like an S3. I'm doing the opposite.
I understand that the 3.2 spring clips have plain black plates on them
so I'll be having a set of them next.
I've kept all the original parts so it can go back to how it was when I
come to sell. Thanks for the positive comments though NHN

Likeing the stealth look mate.Were the rear windows already tinted will be having mine the same..:yes:

Reactions: grr666
Yes, they are factory tints, they were specced when the car was purchased.
They are very dark though, you can barely see the white seats through them
unless it's very sunny outside. Toying with the idea of wind deflrctors at the mo.

the front end now looks like a skoda........ Don't like like. Hey everyone's different, happy motoring.

That explains why the lads over on Briskoda like it :yes:
Fair point though, I knew it wouldn't be to everybodys taste but I prefer it
hugely over the original front end. There was too much faux chrome on it
for my taste. It will look even less S3 like after the mirrors are done, also
someone has PM'd me the part number for the plain plate for the steering
wheel so I can debadge that as well. I have a few more plans for this car
yet and everything I've done is reversible so far so I'm free to change my
mind later.

Lol I have never seen this before... how far are you gonna take it? Changing the bumpers as well? Custom exhaust to sound like a diesel? lol. You could have plasti dip the grille and replace the S3 badge with SLINE one. Can I ask why are you doing it? Is to stop people trying to race you or theft issue...? You selling the the brake caliper badges? If so PM :yes:

He used the term sleeper so trying to make it look slower that what it actually is..

I love the idea and looks great, leave the interior S3 badges though, without them it would look too A3 like.

Is to stop people trying to race you or theft issue...? You selling the the brake caliper badges? If so PM :yes:
I know it's not the normal path for modding but that's me... Not normal.

It's a bit of both really, it's a shame to have a nice car like this but then worry about where I'm
taking/going to be leaving it. I use my scabby old van a lot more than I should because of this
and my lovely S3 spends all its time parked on my drive (nice neighborhood though) instead
of being used regularly. I've not driven it for over 3 weeks.
I'd feel a lot happier parking it in Bristol city centre and going to the cinema if it looked a bit
more boggo. I don't want the mirrors nicking so that's the main reason for taking the silver
earrings off of it. Also I don't think they suit the car if I'm honest, I like a nice interior, that's
the bit I sit in but I'd like the bit outside to be as ordinary looking as possible.

Mapping is on the cards later in the year as is darkening the wheels
to make them less flashy. I've always liked the idea of a fast car that looks ordinary, to some
extent I had that with my old Skoda Fabia vRS. OTR I surprised a few people with that, it was
also debadged (Although not in that pic)mapped to 181bhp with 300lb ft at 2500rpm, handling
mods etc. Its in gear pull was beyond a car of its size and it went very well.

Now my budget is higher I'm after doing the same with this car. I love the look on peoples
faces when they suddenly realise they have bitten off more than they can chew. LOL

Also over the years I've had lets say a colourful history with the rozzers and if I am ever pulled
then it usually descends into the car being searched and lots of embarrassing questions.
(I'm a respectable married man nowadays) So the less 'pull me' the car looks the better for me.
Some things follow you around for years unfortunately even though I've not actually been
'in trouble' for well over 10 years.

Nice idea mate but it would've probably been cheaper to pick up a nice S-line and then map it as you'll probably end up with the same result but fair play its something different...

Not liking the grille much but liking the leather colour combo! Do you find issues with staining the white leather with your jeans or anything?

The white bits are alcantara not leather. After some reading up
(and almost buying suede cleaner which isn't a good idea) it seems
pretty easy to care for with the right products.
I drive the car so rarely that I've not had the chance to see how dirty
they get really.
Bought the car in October and have only driven it about 9 times since buying it.
Have bought some Raceglaze alcantara cleaner ready for when they need doing,
took me a while to find a suitable product that wasn't loadsamoney.

The reason I didn't take the S line route is essentially the engine.
I do the odd track day now and then and wanted something that would take
some tuning and a damn good flogging from time to time.

On a side note,
Genuinely surprised how many people are anti the grille, it's not that different
from the blackedition S3 grille apart from the horizontal slatting and the abscence
of the badge. In very recent developments I may find myself buying a big house in
the country so if that happens I'll be flogging it and getting a Range Rover as it
will be inaccessible in snowy conditions in anything but a proper off roader.

Last edited:
I actually quite like the grille mate, not as much as standard, but it does have a certain something about it. Personally what you have done and maybe the mirrors is as far as I would go, but that's just me.

On a note about range rovers, depending on what age you get, I've seen one or two newer ones getting stuck in pretty easy winter
conditions (although I'm not discounting the possibility of being the driver that's the problem). I've got a patrol at the moment and while it is unbelievably good in the snow driving on the road any distance is horrendous! Ha ha a shogun is quite a good compromise, is comfortable on the road and also great in the snow. Obviously it depends on a lot of things and a range rover could do exactly what you want.

Thats a bit of my useless opinion for you mate, really just wanted to say I like the grille! Ha ha

Reactions: grr666