This might be of interest to 2016/17 B9 owners

BeagleKCH

Reaction score
I have a 2016 A4 with quite a few options/extras. In 2016 the list price was £41,105. I have been given a PX value of between £12,500 and £13,500 by Audi. I have done 87,800 miles.

Today I specced an identical car (current MY19 model) which came in at £45,310 list.

I am able to simply hand my current car back because I have paid half of the finance, although I would be liable to an £800 odd penalty for excess mileage.

There is a new MY20 A4 coming out (for order at least) at the end of the month. It has significant interior changes and looks like an A6/A8 on the inside. Prices are not yet available.

Like for like, (with the same deposit that I paid last time, but without the PX value (£4,400) from my previous car and with the various dealer/manufacturer's contributions available on an A4), my monthly payments were going to be £100 more, if I went with the (current) MY19 A4.

The reason I write, is that Audi are giving an enormous contribution towards the cost of an A6. Such that for an identically specced A6 to my current A4, although the list price was £48,830, with the much greater dealer/Audi contribution (and the same deposit paid by me - but again without any PX value that I had previously), the monthly cost was only going to be £42.04 per month more than I am paying now. The rationale as explained to me by the dealer, is that a number of the options that I pay for on the A4 are standard on the A6, together, of course with the much better manufacturer incentive to buy the A6. I had not even considered buying an A6, but this has certainly given me something to think about.

I am going back to the dealer when the prices for the new A4 come in, but I am sorely tempted by the A6.

Reactions: tickedon
I’d take an A6 over an A4 all day long. Especially at that kind of price difference.

Reactions: BeagleKCH
Same happened to me, 3 cars ago. My current A6 is on a PCP with a ridiculous 2.8% APR, plus a healthy £2850 deposit contribution. I think the current deal has a higher APR, but a bigger deposit contribution to make up for it.
Best decide on a spec and configure it using Carwow, you'll save even more and still use local Audi dealers :smiley:

Reactions: BeagleKCH and Kondax
23% discount at the moment. Lowest price I can get for a bog standard A6 sport petrol is £32,000 but I would then have to do without metallic paint or any options my current A4 has got. I was recently offered £17,000 px for that. Only £800 equity though...

I ama to simply hand my current car back because I have paid half of the finance, although I would be liable to an £800 odd penalty for excess mileage.

If you do a Voluntary Termination, don't pay the excess mileage charge. It's actually unenforceable in most VWFS finance agreements as the VT clauses take precedence.

That's assuming VWFS finance of course.

If you do a Voluntary Termination, don't pay the excess mileage charge. It's actually unenforceable in most VWFS finance agreements as the VT clauses take precedence.

That's assuming VWFS finance of course.

Evening all, can i ask some advice on the excess mileage. I am in the process of VT on my Audi A7 (just over 3 years into a 4 year PCP). My contract was 20k per annum and i've done 68k and have had confirmation my max expected mileage is 62k. Should I, could I contest this? Is it worth the hassle to figh or has anyone else had an easy experience when contesting?

Evening all, can i ask some advice on the excess mileage. I am in the process of VT on my Audi A7 (just over 3 years into a 4 year PCP). My contract was 20k per annum and i've done 68k and have had confirmation my max expected mileage is 62k. Should I, could I contest this? Is it worth the hassle to figh or has anyone else had an easy experience when contesting?
Just don't pay it, nowt they can do other than try to "scare" you in to paying.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Just don't pay it, nowt they can do other than try to "scare" you in to paying.

TX.

Am I right in saying there is nothing legally binding then? I've heard stories of court orders and all that and for sake of £800 ish i don't black marks against me. I've checked my original contract and there is nothing in there for VT T&C's...

Am I right in saying there is nothing legally binding then? I've heard stories of court orders and all that and for sake of £800 ish i don't black marks against me. I've checked my original contract and there is nothing in there for VT T&C's...
Afaik the ability to VT is the law of the land so no contract you sign can break the law.

TX.