This Bodykit thing is doing my head in now!

chasdrury

Reaction score
Hi guys

You have very kindly established that my new car has the GMbH bodykit on it. However, this one Denim Blue GMbH looks like its different at the sides to mine. Is that cos I have the S4 flares and no side skirts? Would it be possible to get the side skirts under the flares if I wanted to? My Car

Cheers

Chaz

Yes it is posible to fit the side skirts with your door blades, its been done on 2 cars I know off, cant say I like it but thats down to personel taste!

Can you still get the GMBH kit? I much prefer it!! maybe not as "clean" looking, but I do like it!

Yes you can still get it from the stealer or vagparts.com, here are the part numbers
Front - 8E0071609 9AX
Sides - 8E0071685 9AX
Rear - 8E0071610U 9AX
Grille inserts set - 8E0071611B 041

How much dare I ask :/ - and I assume they are sold un-painted

Yep un-painted.
Front spoiler £268.75 +vat
Rear valance £165.00 +vat
Grille inserts for rear valance £67.34 +vat
Rear boot spoiler (salon) £145.75 +vat
Side skirts £234.25 per pair +vat
All above prices are from vagparts.com
Its an expensive option, I was thinking off going down this route but my dealer said it would add about £500 to the value of the car?

Cheers its just i have the same kit on as that silver Avant and i thought it was the GmbH. Thanks for that Avus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So i do have the GMBH Bodykit by going by what Audination is saying i have the same kit as in his photo...****** hell you guys have me all confused now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just bought the full GMBH kit off ebay for £350 !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Might sell my S Line kit....... Gotta be first ? ? S Line avant with the GMBH kit on in red with black windows
I'll post piccies when it's all fitted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So i do have the GMBH Bodykit by going by what Audination is saying i have the same kit as in his photo...****** hell you guys have me all confused now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, looking at your picture you have the Votex Audi Kit.

GMBH is not a company. Quattro GMBH is a company, and Votex GMBH is a company. Therefore saying identifying any of these kits as GMBH sets only to create more confusion.......oh sod it! I'm confused now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

THANK YOU GIZZE I have the Quattro GMBH kit at last i know for sure....cheers for the clarification! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone any comments on the Oettinger kit ! ! ! ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
Only joking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ------------ I wish I had one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone any comments on the Oettinger kit ! ! ! ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
Only joking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ------------ I wish I had one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif good answer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The kit when advertised in the dealers (the one from the accessories catalogue) was advertised with all the point of sale as the Quattro gmbh kit.

Keep in Mind guys that the VOTEX kit is a STICK ON Kit! So if you don't want to permanently mess up your factory paint/parts then don't get this kit. If you ever want to return it to the stock look then get the Quattro GMBH kit (which Chas already has) because it replaces the stock parts..