Thinking of a change

rallymangtb

Reaction score
Hi all...I have a a6c6 lemans avant at the min and love it but think of changing to a c7 3.0tdi avant sline and wandered what to look out for when buying one do they suffer with the swirl flaps still

Any info much appreciated

Thanks for that .what's the stronic boxes like in the c7 are they reliable

Think the stronic are fine have seen some mention of issues with the multitronic

OK thanks for that it's a stronic quattro with 170000 miles but has full audi history

Blimey that's done some motorway chugging, my stronic box is superb

Whats the service intervals of the stronic boxes. Yea done some miles but it's mint

Hi all

Well I didn't go for the 170000mile one in the end I have got a 2014 63 plate black edition 3.0tdi avant in daytona grey with 100000 miles and has the tiptronic box as well .can you tell me what the oil service intervals are for the tiptronic box

Thanks

I believe it's meant to be sealed for life but nothing lasts for ever and It's been recommended in places to change every 90-100k mark as preventative maintenance. I'll be changing my Triptronic oil at 90k miles and that should see me through with less worries.

Actually just looked on ZF's site (ZF make the 8 speed Triptronic boxes) and they suggest if it's been driven sporty then change at at 120,000km (75k miles), because I don't know how my car has been driven before I bought it and the fact that I've been known to do a good few launches and drive sporty :D I might get mine done this service being on 72k miles.

From https://www.zf.com/corporate/en_de/.../transmissions_spare_parts/transmissions.html :

"Under normal conditions, the oil lasts a vehicle's entire life cycle, but it can age prematurely in case of excessive loads – such as from frequent use of trailers or quick, sporty driving. An oil change should therefore be recommended after 80,000 to 120,000 kilometers or eight years."

Multi tronic is like the S Tronic and needs to be serviced. Not sure for the multi but the S Tronic is every 38k

The tiptronic ZF is, according to Audi, sealed for life but as Chobbit has pointed out, that's NOT what ZF recommends!!

Be warned that the oil and filter for the ZF is EXPENSIVE. I think my mate was quoted near enough £900 to change the oil on his A6......

Multi tronic and S Tronics services are fixed prices on the Audi website
£199 and £225 respectively :)

At £900 you are getting ripped off. It should cost around £300-£350. I got my ZF box serviced by these guy's one of the best in the country for ZF boxes http://www.mackie-transmission.com/

I should have mentioned it was an Audi dealer who quoted him that!! As it turns out they did it anyway before they ended up replacing the box........luckily Audi footed the £11K bill.

He complained that the gearbox was allowing too much slip in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears. Audi dealer followed the procedures given to them by Audi Technical who then said 'yes it's faulty, replace the box'

Result.....it drives EXACTLY the same lol. It's apparently a 'characteristic' although the FL models with the same engine and gearbox DON'T allow as much slip. Work that out!