Help Please The 2.0 tdi 143bhp

Marky007

A6 Black edition / A4 Sline / A1 Sport
Reaction score
Hi guys bought a dtuk tuning box from Ebay (found it through for sale parts on here) it's from a 2008 b8 143bhp 2.0 tdi.
I take it it will be fine in my 2012 b8.5 143bhp 2.0 tdi.
My question is are the engines same or is mine newer engine any different thanks

Last edited:
Turns out the software on the b8 and the b8.5 is different so the tuning box would not be compatible with my car.

(Information from dtuk themselves)

Hope this helps someone else :readit:

I have a box on my 2.0 tsfi, Lad has on one is A5 3.0 tdi for years no issues so I dont think safety is an issue nor are they a waste money. I can resell my box if I swap car, cant resell a remap
#justsayin'

Last edited:
Reactions: Marky007
The issue is the claimed figures, they make no where near the claims. I do not like rubbishing a product, but often the claims are more than I can get after spending hours tuning on the dyno, which is frustrating when the public buy into it.

Rick

Reactions: Bishop187
I have a box on my 2.0 tsfi, Lad has on one is A5 3.0 tdi for years no issues so I dont think safety is an issue nor are they a waste money. I can resell my box if I swap car, cant resell a remap
#justsayin'
Interesting, what does the box do? Does it just chuck boost up and let the ECU do the rest? What happens to peak cylinder temperatures? What about NOx production? Are peak cylinder pressures within the safety margins for the bolt stretch on the cylinder head? What about creep life in the turbocharger?
A lot of these things either won't be evident (who knows how much NOx you are producing?) Or won't happen for a while (like when your turbo expires when it fails in creep)
I wonder if these tuning boxes take all these things into account.

@Owyn do you think most tuners know the answers to your questions?
Most of them rape the nm2iq map and the duration and off you go and then call it custom tuning.

These tuning boxes are like resistors tricking the ecu, the really posh ones have variable resistors :)

@Owyn do you think most tuners know the answers to your questions?
Most of them rape the nm2iq map and the duration and off you go and then call it custom tuning.

These tuning boxes are like resistors tricking the ecu, the really posh ones have variable resistors :)
I don't think they do, that's why I was mentioning it.
There is clearly a lot that can be done to fettle more out of engines, after all it's just compressing air and chucking fuel in but there is so much rubbish knocking around in terms of ''I had this done and it's fine"
As an engineer there are pretty basic questions you can ask that the guy in his garage has no idea about and they are the ones telling you it's fine!
I'm certain that my car could be made more powerful but I would have very little idea what the cost was.

The truth is unless you push the boundaries of a engine you don't really know what breaks first.
For example @180bar pcp there is no head lift, now add lots of fuel and plenty of boost you are at maybe 220bar - is that ok or not for stock 10.9 head bolts?

Through experience you gain knowledge to know how much boost, fuel, timing etc you can have before things go south.

I've done a few big power 1.9 PD's, 2.0 CR's and 3.0TDI's and can tell you things only remain together if you respect PCP, EGT's, EMP, lambda etc

Reactions: Owyn
The truth is unless you push the boundaries of a engine you don't really know what breaks first.
For example @180bar pcp there is no head lift, now add lots of fuel and plenty of boost you are at maybe 220bar - is that ok or not for stock 10.9 head bolts?

Through experience you gain knowledge to know how much boost, fuel, timing etc you can have before things go south.

I've done a few big power 1.9 PD's, 2.0 CR's and 3.0TDI's and can tell you things only remain together if you respect PCP, EGT's, EMP, lambda etc
All this stuff is spot on, it's a fine art taking up design margins in things for more performance especially if the design margins are a tightly held secret.
You've got to expect a few problems before you get to the right answer.

Mine isn't "a resistor in a box."
It plugs in to the throttle flap sensor and cam sensor made by TMC

Hey, I didn't make it pal. But it does.
There are a lot of things that work in this world because you or I don't know how it works doesn't make less plausible.

Audi A4 Tuning Box
chiptuning-box-manual-controls-sm.png

Performance Increase

KW
Original
Tuned
PS
Original
Tuned
NM
Original
Tuned
Make & Model: Audi A4
Year: since 04/2013
Capacity: 1984
Motorcode: CNCD
TUV: no
Electronic: 111064-5-xxxx
Cable Loom: 121141-1/24

There are a lot of things that work in this world because you or I don't know how it works doesn't make less plausible.

Audi A4 Tuning Box

Performance Increase

KW
Original
Tuned
PS
Original
Tuned
NM
Original
Tuned

If you knew anything about tuning you would know how crazy this sounds.
If you said railp sensor and map sensor it would make more sense

Reactions: Bishop187

Audi A4 Tuning Box

Performance Increase

KW
Original
Tuned
PS
Original
Tuned
NM
Original
Tuned

There are lots of ways to make more power from an engine with electronics. They all have trade offs.
The simpler ones (intercepting and changing 2 channels) will have more trade offs.
If I didn't know what they were I wouldn't be using them, but maybe that's just me.

Rail sensor on a petrol?
No petrol tuning box plugs in to the rail sensor.
I'm guessing Bobby thought you had a diesel.
Quite easy to make more power by upping boost and messing about with timing, whether its a good idea to do that is another matter. You might get lucky and have no visible problems in your ownership.
I had a friend with a Laguna (I know, I know) his was great for a while until it stopped revving over 3k, then he sold it and got a nice S5, no tuning to be done on this car!