Tdi delivery times

Georgeinabz

Reaction score
Our a3 1.6 tdi at work has been delayed for some months now , no reason given other than it hasn't left Germany , at least we have a courtesy car , anybody else in the same boat?

Our a3 1.6 tdi at work has been delayed for some months now , no reason given other than it hasn't left Germany , at least we have a courtesy car , anybody else in the same boat?
Yes, ordered a A3 2.0 TDi back in July. Originally was expecting it to be delivered in November. When all the emissions drama kicked off, I got an email from the dealer saying it was delayed by 7 weeks. 7 weeks!!

Same here. I ordered a 2.0TDI 184 Quattro S-Tronic back in May and was originally told build week 30 (mid July) for delivery mid August. Week 30 came and I got a call saying that my car had been pushed out 8 weeks due to "a restriction on the engine" - dealer had no idea what that actually means.

Anyway, an agonising 8 weeks later build week 38 arrived (mid September) and was told by the dealer my car had been built and they would be putting in a request with Audi Ireland to get it on the boat to Dublin on the 24th September arriving in Dublin on the 28th. So here we are, mid October and as far as I know, it's still at the port in Germany. My dealer told me they have tried everything they can to get the car to me...

In Ireland, car registrations run from Jan-June and July-Dec, so I really don't want a 152 reg car in mid-late November, so the dealer has offered to keep the car until January, honouring the same deal we agreed in May, for a 161 reg.

I think I'm happy enough with that, although patience is really not one of my virtues.