Tailgate releaqsing but not fully unlocking

leecool

Reaction score
Hi guys, don't know if any of you 8p Sportback owners have had this issue in the cold weather, my tailgate is clicking but not full unlocking. The tailgate is released but it's on the latch so to speak.
Also during this cold spell my drivers door won't unlock from the fob, it is intermittent tho'.

Any help is gladly received. Cheers

Cold weather showing up dodgy electrics?

Hi guys, don't know if any of you 8p Sportback owners have had this issue in the cold weather, my tailgate is clicking but not full unlocking. The tailgate is released but it's on the latch so to speak.
This may sound like a bit of a stupid question, but are you waiting for a fraction of a second when you press the latch on the tailgate?
You need to allow time for the electric solenoid to work and release the tailgate , I’m normally in far too much of a rush to remember this and end up pulling the tailgate up against its latch and have to do it all over again, just more slowly.....

Hi there thanks for your reply . yes I leave enough time for the latch to unlock but it's only recently started to happen on and off I have never been able to open the gate using the soft Touch pads above the number plate
Also my driver's side front door seems to not want to open on and off again what is it with his ****** Audi electrics!