Tail light issue

Kevin mathews

Reaction score
Hey guys
Dont know if anyone has faced this issue . I had facelifted the tail lights . Did all the wiring which i bought online for the plug and play setup except for the wire that goes to the number plate and did the vcds coding as well . Switched on the lights and nothing works . Only the reverse two lights work not even the indicators work.

Has anyone faced the issue?

And any way to fix this problem . Kinda stuck figuring out this since 2 days

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

you have a facelift ? or no and you purchased facelift tail lights and you had to do wiring for what. I have facelift and upgraded and just plugged them in and changed my vcds coding and they work. what kind of wiring did you do? what year is your car?less than 2008.5? Did you purchase Kufatec or what

My vehicle is a 07 2.0 fsi and i bought the plug and play off a seller in ebay. I had bought genuine rear tail lights.

Could it be that it aint kufatec it aint working ?

others may have another opinion but highly likely. What happens when you just plug in without the adapter. I suspect you will get something more than nothing indicating the culprit is the adapter or maybe the adapter is R/L and you can try reversing them

You sure you've pushed the connectors fully home.

I usually rewire not using adapters as these issues can arise & to date no client comebacks, thankfully.

Reactions: Kevin mathews
You sure you've pushed the connectors fully home.

I usually rewire not using adapters as these issues can arise & to date no client comebacks, thankfully.
Yeah i have but id again cross check when i back from work

Finally got it sorted . I had put the wires around so i switched them and it works like a charm
0fbc70c20d3862f45660178ebe1a89ed.jpg

My vehicle is a 07 2.0 fsi and i bought the plug and play off a seller in ebay. I had bought genuine rear tail lights.

Could it be that it aint kufatec it aint working ?

If you need I have Kufatec cables that I dont need

Reactions: Kevin mathews