T3-T4 hybrid A/R 50, 57 trim...

ese-tres

APY RALLYE
Reaction score
Hello guys!
Any of you have this set-up on his 1.8t? Is it a good choice?
What injector size should I use? Fuel pressure? Re-map?
Else...? How many horses should be expected more or less?
Thanks

Have a look on vwvortex.com. These things usued to be more popular over in the states before the later GT garrett turbos appeared. Also search Vauxhall and BMW forums. Seen a few setups over there.
As far as I remember, they are good for about 400bhp, maybe a bit more. Can't rememeber spool characteristics, tho the T3 turbine obviously improves that. You choose whatever fuel pressure and injectors you want depending on the ECU software. Gonna be at least 550cc injectors for that power.

Do you have the turbo? Id not, there are better supported setups nowadays, like IHI, Misubishi TD series, Garrett ball bearing etc.

Yes, I already have the turbo. Is not that is a bad set up but that is glory from the past rigth?
The car is not going to th track. Just occasional fun car.
Just looking for something over 300 ponies. Should work ok I think!

It will easily make 300bhp. Not a bad setup at all. I remember a company called turbonectics that had them for sale. I think they still do. Companies like ATP turbo in the staes and trendstone will be able to supply a manifold and fittings. Probably companies over here too.

This celica made 388bhp with a t3/t4 a/r 60 --> Click me

I got a whole kit with intercooler and all. But I´m wondering if it will have to seduce the firewall of the rallye to let it in. I have seen T3 turboes in Mk2 golfs before but with an 8v head. Do you think it will fit without to much hassle?
Cheers!