SQ5 T.P.M.S 2018 SQ5.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
My 2018 has the optional 21'' alloys with the ''standard'' black rubber tyre valves. Quick question but is there a T.P.M.S on mine?. I'v been into the car system on the MMI & can find how to check the oil level etc, service info etc but can't find if there is a tyre preasure re-set button?. Going on a long trip soon & will check tyre pressure so if they do need an increase i will need to do the re-set if there is something. I seem to have a yellow flat tyre symbol when i turn the ignition on (goes off after it's done the checks) so this made me think if there is some sort of tyre pressure monitor system?. Just to add mine has the Virtual cockpit.Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Here is the Audi Technology Portal information on the subject:
https://www.audi-technology-portal.de/en/chassis/brakes-wheels/tire-pressure-monitoring-system
Tire pressure monitoring system
Many models from Audi are equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that is integrated into the electronic stabilization program (ESP). This is a system that measures indirectly, has no sensors of its own in the tire and thus adds no weight and requires no maintenance. It alerts the driver in the event of pressure loss by displaying a warning on the onboard monitor. If only one tire is affected, the position of the tire is indicated. The system also detects a gradual loss of pressure through diffusion in all four tires, resulting in a higher rolling resistance and increased fuel consumption.

These functions are possible because the tire pressure monitoring system not only compares the rotational speeds of all four tires picked up by the ABS sensors, but also analyzes vibrational changes in the tires produced by excitation from the street. The amplitude and natural frequency of the tires change significantly in the event of pressure loss.

If you read the manual it tells you how to reset the system when you have adjusted the tyre pressures.
You do have a manual with your new car?

Reactions: RS3 S. and paul wev
..........cheers Peter,''yes'' i do have the manual & no not looked at it in depth:blush::blue:. Just had a quick look earlier today & thought it would be quite easy to find in the vehicle setting in the MMI (was dead easy in my last RS3). Will study the hand book.:blush::thumbs up:

I was somewhat sceptical but the system works very well - I had it on my FLS3 and it popped up immediately when i picked up a puncture.