Symphony II+ with iPhone

markphelan

Reaction score
Wondering if someone can steer me in the right direction to get this working!

I don't want to use Audi's dock in the glove box - I want my iPod to live in the center console, and charge and play music. I used to have a Dension kit in my A3, but it's not compatible with the iPhone so I need to start from scratch.

At the Audis in the Park show over the weekend I was struggling to find anyone that had a SymphonyII+ in their car!

One dealer I've spoken to has said that the Dension GW16 will charge the iPhone and connect to the headunit without issue. He seems to suggest that track names will be displayed on the HU - can anyone confirm this? I know the II+ will display file and folder info from MP3 CDs, but thought the Dension would only display track info on the dashboard.

It's an expensive way to get the iPhone playing through the stereo, but if this'll work then I don't mind investing in the kit to do it properly.

Any advice much welcomed!

Cheers,
Mark

He seems to suggest that track names will be displayed on the HU - can anyone confirm this?
That's boll*cks! The external CD changer port (which is where the adapter connects to) is not capable of any text support, so you cannot get track names displayed on the head unit from ANY external device - iPod, iPhone or CD changer.