Swirls... the thorn in my side.

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Not so long ago my Noggie blue S3 came out of the body shop.
The paint work is fine...
BUT when sunlight catchs the car just before dusk there is a mass of buffer swirls.
I realy need to get some protection on the car befor the weather takes a real turn for the worse.
Is there any product that will do this by hand?
Im not scared of spending a whole day at it, i dont have a Buffer or D/A ,
failing this how much would i be looking at to have this work done for me?

unless you have the hands of speedy gonzalez then your not going to remove the swirls via hand, you need it to be machined for these defects to be removed.

I'm getting a megs g220 for mine, i've tried the "hand" products on my car which is black and to be honest, they've not really done much for me - don't get me wrong, they work, but if your a perfectionist and want the better finish that you know is out there it will need to be machined for sure - BUT WELL WORTH IT!

You will need to machine your car to correct the swirls - it simply will not correct by hand. Working by hand, it's likely the improvement in appearance is down to fillers and/or polishing oils masking defects.

Feel free to email me if you want some further advice with regard to machines, pad and polish/compound choice. You might find our advice guides useful:Car Care Advice | Detailing Advice | How To Detail Your Car

To improve the appearance without machine, go straight to a glaze like R222 Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser: R222 Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser | R222 Car Care & Detailing Products and then seal it in with either a wax or sealant: I recommend Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger for Nogaro Blue: Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger | Werkstat Car Care & Detailing Products

Exactly where I started a few years back. I messaged Rich and then proceeded to order a DA machine with all the bits. I never looked back and bought a whole new world to washing a car, maintaining it and spreading my knowledge to others.

Even my wife understands swirls now a days and can recognise hologramming etc. haha.

Keep at it, perfection is a high target and can only be reached by machine polishing and trying it with reading the informative guides on PB and forums like detailing world.
Remember to do alot of the background reading first :)

However Im sure alot of the detailers will advise.

Let us know how it goes.