1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Suspension pump

Bunson 1 Feb 12, 2020

1. Bunson 1

Bunson 1 New Member

Can anyone help please I have got a problem with suspension pump & was wondering if the service/repair kits on Ebay are any good or maybe someone could point me in the right direction as a new pump (I am told) would be silly money. So any help would be much appreciated .

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. amiram

amiram A6 C5 Allroad 2.5L TDI Tip Still on air :)

What car and year of manufacture?
    Mostly compressor wear happens due to air pressure leaks from air spring. Is the vehicle left at the correct height in the morning after standing unused overnight?

Bunson 1 likes this.
  4. Bunson 1

Bunson 1 New Member

The car is A6 Allroad C5 2005 I had a guy put laptop on it for about an hr today & go through all sensors , took suspension up & down a few times & temp went up to 107 degrees ( it should be under 96 ) so we have deduced that the pump is over working causing it to over heat. After speaking to my local Audi dealer about a new pump (£1,675.oo) I need an alternative , but don't want to put a cheap s**t 1 on there so was thinking about service kit & wondered if anyone has used the 1's from ebay . It does not drop over night .

5. amiram

In most cases a piston ring for about $ 15 fixes the compressor. The main problem is air spring pressure leaks

6. Bunson 1

Bunson 1 New Member

So are you saying if the car does not drop over night the air spring is ok ??

7. amiram

No.
    When the pressure leak is not massive yet
    The system has a 16 bar air pressure tank and the system will keep the vehicle straight until the air runs out in a pressure tank.
    Even when the vehicle is locked and key in your pocket

8. Bunson 1

Bunson 1 New Member

ok thanks