Suspected offside rear wheel bearing issue

Jamsmoo

Reaction score
Having never suffered from one gone bad I’m not 100% but I strongly suspect so looking for confirmation or correction before shelling out the best part of £100 Tps want for the wheel bearing.
Started as a slight growl/rumble when Corning /bends at speed on left hand turns (weight on offside)
Not too noticeable on my own or even with front seat passenger but got a lot worse and also started doing it in a straight line when accelerating when I had a backseat passenger on that particular side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue when I first got the car. Low level groaning noise coming from the front, seemed to be worse when cornering at speed. Left it for a couple of months until it got louder, took it into my mates garage and it was the front right wheel bearing. I did find it was slightly louder when fully loaded with people and kit.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Does anyone know the torque specs for the axle bolt and wheel bearing bolts please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spin test holding the spring is key! I can't believe how often I have read that the loud bearing loaded is the bad one. Only to find out it isn't true. Mine was the opposite.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox