Sunny Days and Shiny Cars

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
I took advantage of the weather today and washed the car early doors and drove out to get some decent photos of the car, the first since I bought it.

We did some motion shots which were fun, and didn't turn out half bad, but my favourites and the stills with the 50mm, cracking little lens that!

12.jpg

1.jpg
9.jpg

Great photos Nick. Love the shallow depth of field with the 50mm prime. Is that the f/1.8? I use one of those quite often .. very handy lens.

The motion shot is cool as well. Was it taken from another moving car?

Cheers Scott!

Yes it's a 50mm prime, but it's the f1.4. It's not my lens I had to borrow it, but i'm seriously thinking of adding one to my collection now given the results.

We used each others cars to do the motion shots, snapping from an open boot. It's handy the roads are all dis-used old airfield roads at Bradwell, so no worries of traffic or breaking the laws of the road.

and a few more...

2.jpg

11-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Car looks sweeeet. I'm jealous.

But as for the lenses, I find the 35mm prime to be a bit more versatile. I'm using the Nikkor 35mm/f1.8 lens myself and definitely feel it's earned its place in my kit. Highly recommend getting at least one prime lens.

Nice photo's mate - absolutely love the 1st (motion) shot, well done

Nice photo's mate - absolutely love the 1st (motion) shot, well done

Cheers buddy. The motion shots are difficult, not helped by somewhat bumpy roads, so out of the many many shots there were 1 or 2 good ones, still not particularly sharp though which bugs me!

love that first shot, can just make out the wry grin ! And the colour of the car............awesome. Looks like a grey with a real dark green hidden in there, is that how it is in the flesh? Nice work

love that first shot, can just make out the wry grin ! And the colour of the car............awesome. Looks like a grey with a real dark green hidden in there, is that how it is in the flesh? Nice work

Cheers! Yeah there is a hint, very slight hint of green, but it can also take on a blue hue in some lights too. Quite a nice colour, i'm glad I went of it.