Strange Problem with esp

wesley

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've just purchased a 53reg S3, when i go to start the car i don't get the esp symbol lighting up on the dash, nor does it light up on a bulb test using vcds output test. I've checked the clocks and the led bulb hasn't been covered up or anything like that. whilst driving pressing the button or holding the button doesn't do anything, has anybody come across this or knows how to solve it? Is the light definitely supposed to illuminate for a few seconds on start-up and does the switch illuminate when pressed? Thanks

Is it possible it's been coded out? @<tuffty/> ?

ESP light still flashes on momentarily when the ESP button is pressed when coded out...

ESP light on dash only comes on when ESP is disabled (via the switch or a fault in the system) or while ESP is in operation (flashes)

The switch only illuminates with lights... it does not illuminate to indicate ESP state...

ESP is an 'always on' system that can be switched off via the switch if required

<tuffty/>

Its not a bulb... its a surface mount LED... its plausible it doesn't work but unlikely

OP... have you done a full scan with VCDS?

<tuffty/>
Hi, yes done a full scan and no faults, I tried the cruise control today and that works but no lights on the dash to show its enabled or anything, on my 8p s3 I get a green symbol on the dash to let you know it's enabled. So I'm really scratching my head now! Maybe the two are linked. I have my own vcds so can check what I want, is there a way of checking if the switch actually works? Thanks

ESP light still flashes on momentarily when the ESP button is pressed when coded out...

ESP light on dash only comes on when ESP is disabled (via the switch or a fault in the system) or while ESP is in operation (flashes)

The switch only illuminates with lights... it does not illuminate to indicate ESP state...

ESP is an 'always on' system that can be switched off via the switch if required

<tuffty/>
If it can be disabled in vcds do you know how I can check this and enable it again please?

Has anyone done an instrument light output test in vagcom and can confirm the esp symbol illuminates on this test?