Strange instrument cluster fault

JamieOS

Resident Eejit
Reaction score
Ok lads, this is an odd one. My A4s cluster is acting. A bit odd. The car starts and drives fine, but the cluster is only partly working. Revs and speed works as does the temp gauge. The fuel doesn't, but that's an ongoing issue related to something else. The lights above the LCD all seem to work too. The LCD and displays for time/date and milage don't turn on at all. Any ideas?

Press the button for prolonged period on bottom of wiper stalk & see if it comes back on, cant recall if b6, 7 had that feature, been a long day tbh so I'm hanging on minimum brain functions lol so memory is lapsing.

Reactions: JamieOS
That was my first thought, but it didn't seem to work. It normally would switch the LCD in the centre on and off, but the milage and clock under the Speedo and tacho would always stay on. It's a strange one.

If you check with vcds for button presses, this will of course check if it's the stalk with an issue, although I can't recall if it self cancels on each ignition cycle.

Has your battery gone flat recently? Flat battery makes the fuel gauge faulty for a while. Mine fixed after a refill or two. Sorry....just re read your post.