Strange clutch noise

mikel_86

Reaction score
I know there is another thread about a clutch problem but mine is slightly different. Basically, today when I got home from work and turned the engine off, when I pressed the clutch pedal down it made a sort of creaking noise. I tried pressing it again and again and it does it eveytime, both when you press the clutch down and when you release it allowing it back up. The clutch still seems to be working fine, but this noise is rather annoying me (although I should add that it is not that loud as I didn't notice it until the engine stopped). It definately didn't do it when I fitted new TT pedals the last week, so its only just started. Any ideas? By the way my car is a 1998 1.8 T Sport with 56,000 miles on the clock.
Cheers

same happened to me earlier today, just drove again now and noise is gone. Weird.

it's like when there is water on rubber...LOL

mine has been doing this for months, some silcon spray lube stopped it for a few days then it started again. propper annoying.

i did post but didnt get any solutions. it seems to creek more when you dip or lift off slowly

On my car the push rod of the master cylinder at the pedal creaked. Rather annoying. Lubed several times, but it just kept returning. Ended up swapping the clutch master cyl for a new one. Only took an hour to do + bleeding time.

Strange, I got in it today and nothing, it was back to its normal silent self. I had just returned from a 50 mile journey last time, don't know if that might have anything to do with it?

mine seems to come and go, did post a while back but didnt get any answers.

ive got the same again... can only hear it with the engine off.... and radio off... which if im honest never happens so im just living with it at the mo.