Stealers!

GeoffT

Reaction score
My 8V is 3 years old in a week or so and has had a minor Stronic glitch a few times where it goes into a false neutral. I found this thread which describes exactly what happens with mine:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-gearbox-issue-bogs-down-during-acceleration.365195/

So I decided I'd get it booked in with the dealer before the warrantly runs out and let them do the MOT at the same time. I gave them chapter and verse on the Stronic problem and even quoted the TPI Revision Number to them.

They tried to talk me into a Haldex Oil Change at the time of booking but I said "No - because you don't clean out the filter gauze, I will get it done by an Indy who does".

Anyway, the car has been in today since first thing this morning.

I've just had a text and email a few minutes ago with a link to a webpage of a video of a "tech" going round under the car. Main thing he goes on about is how good the condition of the tyres is and what brand they are (because obviously I can't read) and it's good all 4 are the same with it being a quattro. Yes, I know all that, I had them fitted less than a month ago. Anyway at the end of the video they flag up in red 2 items that need "urgent" attention- The Haldex Oil and the Pollen Filter. Next to that is a button to authorise the work or another to request a callback. Nowhere is there a button to say "F Off I've already told you NO" !!!

At the bottom of the video page listed under other work is "Complaint with Gearbox - diagnosis still ongoing".

So basically they've wasted all that time faffing around under the car doing a voiceover with a camera to show me the new tyres I surprising knew I had and to try to sell me something again that I'd already told them I didn't want. Yet so far, 6 hours in, they haven't done the only think I actually needed them to do.

Rant over - feels a bit better!

Reactions: jimojameso and -Ju-
My 8V is 3 years old in a week or so and has had a minor Stronic glitch a few times where it goes into a false neutral. I found this thread which describes exactly what happens with mine:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-gearbox-issue-bogs-down-during-acceleration.365195/

So I decided I'd get it booked in with the dealer before the warrantly runs out and let them do the MOT at the same time. I gave them chapter and verse on the Stronic problem and even quoted the TPI Revision Number to them.

They tried to talk me into a Haldex Oil Change at the time of booking but I said "No - because you don't clean out the filter gauze, I will get it done by an Indy who does".

Anyway, the car has been in today since first thing this morning.

I've just had a text and email a few minutes ago with a link to a webpage of a video of a "tech" going round under the car. Main thing he goes on about is how good the condition of the tyres is and what brand they are (because obviously I can't read) and it's good all 4 are the same with it being a quattro. Yes, I know all that, I had them fitted less than a month ago. Anyway at the end of the video they flag up in red 2 items that need "urgent" attention- The Haldex Oil and the Pollen Filter. Next to that is a button to authorise the work or another to request a callback. Nowhere is there a button to say "F Off I've already told you NO" !!!

At the bottom of the video page listed under other work is "Complaint with Gearbox - diagnosis still ongoing".

So basically they've wasted all that time faffing around under the car doing a voiceover with a camera to show me the new tyres I surprising knew I had and to try to sell me something again that I'd already told them I didn't want. Yet so far, 6 hours in, they haven't done the only think I actually needed them to do.

Rant over - feels a bit better!
It really is the only reason they do the "Audi cam check " to hopefully pick up some other work and it does feel like a priority to them rather than the reason why its in.
A lot of owners aren't as savvy as us and will just say "oh yeah you had better do that then" and get charged dealer rates for routine work.
At least you got the fault logged before the 3 years is up, even though it does feel like pulling teeth at times!

Reactions: jimojameso
Yeah i feel your pain. I never use main stealers anymore. Hope you get the gearbox sorted.

Hope you get your S-Tronic sorted.

When mine was in they said my rear discs were corroded and needed replacement for £349 but AudiCam didn’t show more than estimated brake pad thickness. They aren’t corroded really - just some surface rust from not being used enough in lockdown that didn’t fully come off on the trip to the garage.

Apparently if it’s in for a warranty item and they list a fee - no need to authorise or reject- just ignore it as they are fixing it anyway.

Yeah i feel your pain. I never use main stealers anymore. Hope you get the gearbox sorted.

I agree and I don't if I can help it either. I only went to them this time because of the gearbox firmware update issue which my Indy can't do.

I've just picked the car up and they say they have done the requested gearbox update, and another software update "24GP" as well as the MOT.

I have no idea how you know the updates have been done, but it's all documented within the warranty period so hopefully all OK if it recurs. The issue has only happened 3 times in 3 years so it's going to be tricky to know for sure it's fixed.

Reactions: jimojameso
So this morning I've just had a text from the stealer.

"Thank you for your visit to Audi ******* , we aim to deliver a 5-Star service; please text back YES if we have delivered this or NO if you would like someone to contact you."

Nothing about the option of giving any other rating other than 5 star, and if you don't want to give them that you have to get them to contact you! Is this even legal in the modern world - surely that's coercion/leading the witness to give a 5 star rating? I notice all the paperwork has "We hope you had a 5 star experience with the service today" plastered all over it as subliminal messaging!

Maybe if they provided a good service, at a fair price and stopped using the video inspection as an excuse to upsell you stuff, they might get 5 star feedback without the bullying.

Reactions: pburv
So this morning I've just had a text from the stealer.

"Thank you for your visit to Audi ******* , we aim to deliver a 5-Star service; please text back YES if we have delivered this or NO if you would like someone to contact you."

Nothing about the option of giving any other rating other than 5 star, and if you don't want to give them that you have to get them to contact you! Is this even legal in the modern world - surely that's coercion/leading the witness to give a 5 star rating? I notice all the paperwork has "We hope you had a 5 star experience with the service today" plastered all over it as subliminal messaging!

Maybe if they provided a good service, at a fair price and stopped using the video inspection as an excuse to upsell you stuff, they might get 5 star feedback without the bullying.

Tell em to P**s off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Neil C and jimojameso
You could always leave a review on this part of the forum:thumbs up:
Reviews | Audi-Sport.net (audi-sport.net)

Yes I guess I could, but I am not sure it is a dealer specific problem - it seems all Audi dealers work the same way guided by Audi UK. The service guy I spoke to said it's Audi policy to do the videos and to highlight anything that they think the customer needs to be aware of / makes them more money.

Interesting that after the firmware update the gear change generally seems smoother.

Reactions: pburv
Yes I guess I could, but I am not sure it is a dealer specific problem - it seems all Audi dealers work the same way guided by Audi UK. The service guy I spoke to said it's Audi policy to do the videos and to highlight anything that they think the customer needs to be aware of / makes them more money.

Interesting that after the firmware update the gear change generally seems smoother.
If you think you are getting a good service out of them then post a review. Same goes if you think they are cr*p. It all helps other buyers and might make them(dealers) try harder. lol