Stealer air con service..

demus

Fire in the hole..
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up again, but I can't seem to find the original post from a few days ago where it was discussed..Cut short, mine is booked in with an independant Tuesday for re-gas, as its struggling a little when hot, and condenser fans running harder than usual.Back in June 2009, I took it to the local Audi stealer for an aircon service, believing they would re-gas and check it all over.I remember thinking at the time it didn't feel any different, still worked, just not as cold as our Landy, maybe just how the climate control is then.....The code on the invoice is "AIRS" at £47 and a disinfectant at £19 !!Do you all think that its still on the original gas, got a funny feeling it is... Where I take it on Tuesday, they tell you how much weight came out and how much they put in, nothing like that on the Audi invoice.. ??Is the general consensus yes or no!!

Last edited:
Hi mate you can lose up to 100 grams of gas a year so the probability of a ac service five years ago would mean you are running on empty now. Get it regased and go from there.

The price seems about going rate for where I live, are there any locals who can recommend and independent garage to do the task?

you can get it done at kwik fit for about £50, they just plug the machine in and it does it's magic, no point going to audi who will probably charge you more.

Its all booked with an independant for tomorrow morning, just wondered what the chances were of the dealership doing it, or just cleaning the vents and charging the earth..P.S. Any idea why this stupid thing won't put in the paragraphs I write..... just goes into one long sentence..