Standard exhaust any good??

alistair666

Reaction score
Looking for a quiet performance exhaust for my 1.8t sport. Have a jetex fitted to a miltek downpipe but find it way to loud. Looking either for a quiet cat back system or fitting the standard system to the downpipe.

I know the standard downpipe is restrictive but what about he rest of the system?

I ran the std exhaust system with a 3" downpipe and still produced 380 odd bhp but it did make the EGT's far too high so I had to change it for a 3" system. EGT's are down but has a drone that is getting on my nerves a little.

The std system is ok on a std turbo'd car IMO, DP and CATs are worth changing though.

<tuffty/>

Cheers tuffty

Ok think i will get a reducer and fit a standard system back from my down pipe

Thinking maybe it's blowing somwhere as everyone seems to think that jetex systems are suposed to be quite a quiet system

Thinking maybe it's blowing somwhere as everyone seems to think that jetex systems are suposed to be quite a quiet system

There's a quick check you can do. Seal your palms over the tailpipes and listen for any hissing along the system. Easier if you have someone who can lay on the floor towards to front to keep an ear out for any gasses escaping.

T

dont do it after a run though