stage 2+ question - cats

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

hi guys,

I am pondering getting a tune with mrc. i am stage 1 revo at the moment, but revo don't offer a tune with HPFP, so I am needing to swap tuners.

anyway, I am reluctant to spend £550 on a second hand scorpion sports cat if I don't need to. I don't want to go decat as they stink and are too loud.

one thing I am thinking of doing is rather than buying a downpipe, I could gut my primary cat and then install my OEM audi secondary cats which I believe are 400 cell. would this be good enough to go stage 2 or do I really need a full decat or a set of scorpion 200 cell sports cats instead?

a set of secondary cats and primary cat are only £100 on ebay for the lot, so would be very cheap to do. basically costing £100+ fitting on the exhaust side of things for stage 2.....

thanks guys

according to mrc their stage 2+ for my pfl sportback includes gutting the downpipe cat and keeping the secondary factory cats, plus the hpfp, fmic, remap and dsg torque increase remap

according to mrc their stage 2+ for my pfl sportback includes gutting the downpipe cat and keeping the secondary factory cats, plus the hpfp, fmic, remap and dsg torque increase remap

Have you been in touch with them? Because I was told by MRC that gutting a primary cat still isn’t recommended because the DP is a 2 piece design (splits into 2) and a 1 piece design is less restrictive.

Also was told the stock secondary sports cats are 400 cell and they need to be a minimum of 200 cell.

Although if MRC have said the above is fine, I’d much rather go this way because a stock DP and secondary cats are £100-150 on eBay lol.

yes i spoke to them around 6 months ago regarding my 2016 pfl sportback and they were quite happy to gut the downpipe and keep the secondary cats