Squeaky seats

gussyldr

Reaction score
Hi all I bought my a3 about two months ago and I've been dealing with these annoying squeaky seats for the life of me I can't find where it's coming from I've sprayed Wd-40 on all the bolts under the seats also it's been to Audi five times and they've failed to fix or find where it's coming from.
Has anyone els experienced this problem if so what was the fix this is driving me nuts I don't even want to drive the car it's that bad

I had a squeaky seat in my A3 when turning. Really annoying.

Went into Audi and they found that the seat 'mountings' were dry, greased and never heard it again. Book it in if you can replicate it. I wouldn't want to be spraying WD in my car, residue and smell.

I had a squeaky seat in my A3 when turning. Really annoying.

Went into Audi and they found that the seat 'mountings' were dry, greased and never heard it again. Book it in if you can replicate it. I wouldn't want to be spraying WD in my car, residue and smell.

You have everything wrong with your car! Friday afternoon built car

Reactions: richinsoton
You have everything wrong with your car! Friday afternoon built car

This wasn't the S3, this was my A3.. haha.

A3 went in for lots of interior rattles, I have them in the S3 now but I ignore them.. cba for it.

I had a 63 plate Fiesta with a bottom end engine rattle too.

I've had it all.

I suspect you have checked it's not the seatbelt stalk rubbing on the seat on the passenger side when there is no passenger in?

Known issue on many VAG cars and fix is to wrap a bit of cloth round it.

But imagine you've checked that?

Reactions: gussyldr
Mine squeaks when in the lowest position. if i put it up one notch then it goes away. think the seat frame goes so low that it rubs on the runners or something. Worth a try!

Mine squeaks when in the lowest position. if i put it up one notch then it goes away. think the seat frame goes so low that it rubs on the runners or something. Worth a try!

I've tried all sorts of seat positions none of which helped

Seat belt was replaced on my passenger side under warranty, the part that you clip it into on the right side of the seat was squeeking, driving me mad when someone was in the passenger seat. All sorted now !