Squeaky Clutch Pedal !

dancarpy

S3 DCY
Reaction score
:banghead:
Can anyone help ?
Does anybody else suffer with squeaky clutch or know how to fix it ?
Ive put up with it for a few months now put its driving me mad !
Happens mostly when releasing/bringing the clutch up and is a mix of squeak and creak !
Thanks

you will need to get that checked m8 i had the clutch pedal go oan me it's a common fault apparently the slave cylnder bends the pedal :ohmy:

Cheers djb83 ill get it looked at soon !
I ' was ' planning on going to santa pod this weekend but now its gunna be a risk ! .... maybe not a miss ! haha

Mines been like this for at least a year now - really annoying!
Had it thoroughly investigated from the interior side and the chap found absolutely nothing. He greased every surface he could find (and most of my footwell) but couldn't find anything wrong. He was confident it was safe though...

Ill try not too !
hudders ive had a quick go with wd40 but that diddnt work and i know wd40 drys up but it was just a quick fix so i could find the problem.
Ive searched on google finding it happens on other cars and one of the links mentioned something about greasing up something near the slave cylinder or something but im not very well up on everything in the engine bay!

You've got 2 options. remove the lower dash and either:

1. Remove the clutch pedal and re-grease the bolt, nut and clutch pedal with copper grease etc, this is the most pain staking option as re-fitting the pedal is a right ball ache, mainly due to the spring.

2. Undo the same bolt and nut but and grease the threaded part before sliding it out as far as it will go before coming out and releasing the pedal, grease up the exposed part and slide the bolt back in, this should hopefully grease the pedal inside if you get me, then tighten back up and replace dash.

Clutch master cylinder would be my bet....mine does it all the time, the master cylinder was leaking slighlty for a few weeks but has now stopped, it still squeeks tho and im hoping it holds out till I get the time to change it.

I bet the squeak is coming from inside the bush where the bolt goes through the clutch pedal. Replacing the bush and bolt with the 2 washers was a quick and straightforward cure on mine. The parts are cheap. To refit the spring a large flat bladed screwdriver. Job is fiddly because you are laid on your back doing it, but it's not hard to do and no special tools are needed.