Squeaking/Creaking drivers seat

cjwardy

Reaction score
Morning All,

So I have a 2018 S3, owned since March. In the last couple of weeks my drivers seat has developed some rather irritating squeaking & creaking. Sounds as though it’s the springs from within.

I know it’s not a major issue, but it is starting to get quite annoying to listen to constantly.

Has anyone else had this? I feel like if I take it to the dealership I’ll be looked at like I’m making a fuss over nothing! Any experience from this kind of thing and actions taken appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

They will be happy to look at it Chris as long as you can demonstrate it.

I had the seat in my A3 creak when turning left, they told me that they greased the pivot points and then it never came back.

The seat in my RS3 creaks silly when you get in and out, when I accelerate moderately the damn thing creaks! Wasn’t able to demonstrate it to Audi, so they haven’t done anything but it will be going in soon for another issue and will tell them to keep a listen out.

Yep my driver's seat creaks like yours. I'm having the backrest replaced next week under warranty. They replaced the base a while back but that didn't solve it so its the backrest that's at fault. Seems to be a fairly common problem.

I don't, but my centre console sure does like a squeak if I lean my leg on it!

Seat base creaks on my 3 month old S3, seems to come from where the bolster is rubbing on the plastic.
My knee rest on both driver and passenger side of the center console is very squeaky if any pressure is put on either side.
To top it off there is a rattle near the rear window and various others that come and go. Overall quite disappointed with the build quality. My 2015 A3 and 2017 A4 were pretty much rattle free.

Yep my driver's seat creaks like yours. I'm having the backrest replaced next week under warranty. They replaced the base a while back but that didn't solve it so its the backrest that's at fault. Seems to be a fairly common problem.

Hm, is yours leather? How can they guarantee the colour of the leather will match perfect? Sometimes vary with batches?

Its half leather yes. I think its just the internal frame they're replacing. Not sure how that works exactly but I assume the they can separate the inside and outside of the chair somehow.