Speeding question

S3_MCD

Reaction score
......not me!

45 in a 30 – auto detection, date of offence 21/9/6, date of letter 25/1/7.

my advice ignore it?

what do you guys reckon??

TIA

Stewart said:
I thought you had to receive a NIP within a certain period of time for it to be legal?

I've always thought you had a 2 week NIP period for speed camera offences and upto 6 months NIP for being pulled over or done my a laser speed gun?

14 days for the notice of intended prosecution, which can be verbal if stopped on the side of the road, and if not, has to be in writing. problem is, if they claim to have sent it but you have not received it or responded to it. BUT, first thing you get by post in the Notice of intended prosecution, so if what you have received is not a NIP, it may be you were served before....? If it is, its outside the period. BUT this may also be a scam, so maybe worth cehcking with local plod!!

BTW, I am assuming this is an offence in the UK we are talking about, I've had stuff filtering through form Holland over many many months in the past, fines, for speeding when I was nto even there even!!

Thats what i've heard aswell, you've gotta receive the letter with 14 days or something.

Don’t ignore it that is a whole other offence.

Was there a valid reason for the NIP's late arrival?
(recently moved, vehicle recently acquired , or he is not the registered keeper) if so they can take longer than 14 days.

According to most speed related forums you write back via registered post along the lines of :

“Following Legal advice, please note that the Notice cannot be acted upon as it is time-expired. For this Notice to have been valid, it ought to have been with me within 14 days of the alleged offence.

It was suggested I write back to you immediately with these comments.”

And then wait for a response.

Cheers guys.

Passed to my mate, who we have been winding up all morning - cruel I know.

14 day period is only if you are the registered owner, does not apply if it is a company car/rental etc.

hey mate
i bought/downloaded two documents from e-bay for a couple of quid, ones called 'loop holes in the law' and the others 'save your driving licence' havent really scanned them but they look like good stuff.

if anyone wants them e-mail me at

eatdegrub@hotmail.co.uk

an i'll send them!