Speed display on DIS

Djwoody

Reaction score
Hi.
When I start my 2008 A3 sometimes the DIS shows the digital speed display and other times it shows one of the other menus (Street name, MPG etc).

Is there any way I can set the DIS to show the speed display as default? Sick of having to press thru the menus every time I start the car?

Also, I have Sat Nav installed, is there a way of having the Map showing as default rather than the destination input?

Small things I know, but they annoy me! :)

Thanks
Chris

Are you using the same key by any chance? I leave mine on the speed and it always starts up with the speed!

Are you using the same key by any chance? I leave mine on the speed and it always starts up with the speed!

Yes always use the same key. I wonder if it is something to do with the Sat Nav as it nearly always starts up with the Street Name display.

Turn the compass off on your RNSE by pressing NAV then SETUP and looking for the option.

Mine always defaults to the speed and my compass is turned off.

Turn the compass off on your RNSE by pressing NAV then SETUP and looking for the option.

Mine always defaults to the speed and my compass is turned off.

Thanks for this. Should the map show first on the Sat Nav also instead of the Destination input with this option?

Nope, it will always show the address input screen if you switch it off with the nav map on on each startup.

Cheers A6-Chris. Speed display now shows on startup - shame about the Nav map but suppose there's worse things in life to worry about :)