Facelift Speccing my next Audi and learning from the current

Masslob

Reaction score
Im happy with my FL S3 but nearing half way thru the lease and already looking for the next one
Now the extras i chose were based on my funds and limited knowledge of them at the time, so i liked some i thought were a waste some i regret not choosing

What do you regret about your current set up that you will rectify for your next?

Me?

Park Assist was a total waste (would rather drive round further/longer and find a better space than parallel park into a tight one)
Audi sound system is awful
Regretted non getting the VC

Next car will def have the tech pack and the B&O, plus the mag ride (am i right that if you have mag ride should get the 19" alloys?)

Im happy with my FL S3 but nearing half way thru the lease and already looking for the next one
Now the extras i chose were based on my funds and limited knowledge of them at the time, so i liked some i thought were a waste some i regret not choosing

What do you regret about your current set up that you will rectify for your next?

Me?

Park Assist was a total waste (would rather drive round further/longer and find a better space than parallel park into a tight one)
Audi sound system is awful
Regretted non getting the VC

Next car will def have the tech pack and the B&O, plus the mag ride (am i right that if you have mag ride should get the 19" alloys?)
Wish I'd gotten the 19s, annoys the hell out of me having to purchase mag ride to get them. Same with the vc, I didn't want the extras that came with the tech pack, might as well of just burned 1000 pound.

On the subject anyone fitted 19s without mag ride?

For me B&O is a must, I had the standard Audi sound system in my TT and it was terrible. Also had VC in my TT so felt like a must again.

Having the 3dr I think I can get away with 18's but the sport back needs 19's.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Wish I'd gone for matrix and the driver assistance stuff. Other than that I'm happy with what I have, nothing I chose was the wrong choice, just wish I'd specced more.

image-jpg.57489

Reactions: craigwhelan and Jassyo06
WTF....Why get another face lift car wait for the all new S3,So your lease is only for 2 years as the face lift S3 only came out a year ago? is yours a company car lease or what

I doubt this is a question anyone can answer, because your choice is very personal. People like different things. Don't think there's anything I regret about my choices in this or my last car.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Glad I got VC. Parking system plus I still perfectly adequate too. Love the Saloon with 19" and magride.
Really should've got B&O......... who knows why I was such a fud, as I had it in last two cars and my wife's last two too.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Glad I got VC. Parking system plus I still perfectly adequate too. Love the Saloon with 19" and magride.
Really should've got B&O......... who knows why I was such a fud, as I had it in last two cars and my wife's last two too.
That's a school boy, did the same though, A5 and A4 had it, opted against it in the latest generation TT, its woeful in that, I've heard the S3 standard is better though.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Just get the dealer to tick all the boxes for you, much easier buying process than agonising over everything...

Reactions: Djs3saloon and TYb
Best UBER option that most do a fly by on is the Pano-Roof......adds everything to the cars aesthetics plus its desirability on residual value

Reactions: Rolly12
Best UBER option that most do a fly by on is the Pano-Roof......adds everything to the cars aesthetics plus its desirability on residual value

Hardly panoramic though is it when you compare to a true front to rear pano roof in a larger vehicle - there's that marketing machine again ;)

I must be the only one on this forum who really doesn't give a flying hoot about the VC.

Next time I'd ditch the super sport seats. Complete waste of money, and no more comfortable than the original. I'd spec B&O again, as I think it's very good as well as black optics etc.

Would probably spec mag ride because the bouncyness of the stock suspension has put me off ever buying an S3 again.

^^ you and me both.
Just a gimmick imo to draw people in to buy the newer model and spend a few more ££. All my bikes and cars have 'normal' instrument panels and they all work and tell me what I need to know :)

Having made the mistake with previous cars, I was determined not to do it with the S3.

Happiest with the 19s, mag ride and B&O.

Options that are nice to have but can easily live without: Rear camera, folding mirrors and park assist.

I'm undecided on the matrix lights... the lighting quality is excellent, but I'm not sure if LED would have been just as good. The matrix lights work well (for me) but I keep getting flashed by other road users :(

Disappointed most: Super sport seats. Really wish Audi has given a proper sporty option with full electric movement.

I didn't go for VC or the pano roof and I'm happy with those choices. Given the choice again I still wouldn't chose them.

It's all personal choice and it's good that we have so many options. Visually I think the SS seats and VC set the interior off. The actual seat of the SS's offers little support though and that is really disappointing.

VC might be a gimmick to some, personally I really like it and that it can be customised a little more than the dialogue set up, again all personal preference.

B&O is a must for me, standard Audi sound is really poor for a premium car.

If I had a bigger budget I would have upgraded to 19's and mag ride but my car is used for 99% commuting on motorways so couldn't really justify the cost. Having a 3dr I think it sits well on 18's but sportbacks sit better in the. Ugh we wheels.

It's all personal choice and it's good that we have so many options. Visually I think the SS seats and VC set the interior off. The actual seat of the SS's offers little support though and that is really disappointing.

VC might be a gimmick to some, personally I really like it and that it can be customised a little more than the dialogue set up, again all personal preference.

B&O is a must for me, standard Audi sound is really poor for a premium car.

If I had a bigger budget I would have upgraded to 19's and mag ride but my car is used for 99% commuting on motorways so couldn't really justify the cost. Having a 3dr I think it sits well on 18's but sportbacks sit better in the. Ugh we wheels.

Agree with pretty much everything you said there, I love the look of the SS seats but compared to the Recaro wing backs I had in the R32 they offer very little in the way of lateral support/grip. Again VC you either want it or you don't, I love it and can see most cars coming with it as time goes on.

As for B&O - as far as out the box systems go it's great, I had a very expensive audio system in my old Polo GTi and besides being louder and bassier than the B&O, the clarity is probably on par.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and TYb