speaker problem

Bigchris350

Reaction score
hi guys i got in my car this morning turned on the stereo and none of the front speakers were working ???
before i got the car it had an accident and the previous owner had a coffie in the cup holder which spilled on the head unit .
sunday i had the headunit out and cleaned it throughly then sprayed it with compressed air , pluged it in and all was fine it was only this morning i had this problem ??
any ideas?
its an audi concert headunit
the car has a built in sub in the boot .

Possibly two things. First of all take a good look at all of the plugs/sockets on the head unit. Look for corrosion or discolored pins etc. Second, if this does not restore the sound, it may be that some coffee has made it inside the unit. If so, again there may be some corrosion inside, which will need a strip-down and careful cleaning of the circuit board and components. Best done by a good electronics person, if you cannot do it yourself. Compressed air will not help in this case. Neither of these are difficult to do, although the strip-down can be tricky. Anyway, try the connector possibility first and let us know. Good luck.

thanks for the reply mate ill try that cleaning you talked about and see what happenes . its just strange how its only the rear speakers and sub that are working . also the display is fine too just the front mids and tweeters that arent on ??