Spacers - staggered set up

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

hi guys,

What size spacers do you use front and rear with OEM pirelli’s? Obviously a massive lip for protection on the Pirelli’s so I’d like that to be just flush with the arches. Have the standard black rotors on 255 on the front and 235 on the rear. Got a set of bolts and spacers that are 16mm rear and 11mm front from my golf r, but the RS seems to have more poke from the factory anyway.

Any ideas or what you guys use with my set up?

8mm front and 12mm rear for me, 12mm on the front for me personally was a little too much because the tyre just protruded.

It does look noticeably wider even now 9/10 months later walking towards it.. nice chunky look.

8mm front and 12mm rear for me, 12mm on the front for me personally was a little too much because the tyre just protruded.

It does look noticeably wider even now 9/10 months later walking towards it.. nice chunky look.

Can you take me a photo? Cheers buddy :)

Sorry for the average angle here is one I have lying around with 12mm all round

20181126 075219

anyone have spacers on a FL saloon? would the same combos be applicable ?

I had 12 rear and 8 front on mine and was more than happy with it :icon thumright:

Reactions: zippster
Cheers guys where’s everyone buying there spacers From in the UK. Was easy for my S4 as ECS sold a flush kit.

Also can I use the same extended bolts all round? Ie 12mm longer?

12mm front and 15mm rear is the most popular combination we've been selling, some even go for 15mm front and 20mm rear.

Drop us a PM if you need any prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

thanks Damian @DPM , although I was thinking surely this would negate the staggered setup if the spacing wasn't the same all round?

also do you sell the extended bolts as-well ?

Last edited:
Got 8mm all round on mine. You can just see the rim protector flush on the arches.
Had 12mm on the rear earlier on but it looked a little 'hot rod'. Then again i am nearly 50 !!

Reactions: jungle650 and zippster
Got 8mm all round on mine. You can just see the rim protector flush on the arches.
Had 12mm on the rear earlier on but it looked a little 'hot rod'. Then again i am nearly 50 !!

this was what I was thinking to be honest.. same size all round will keep the stagger.. where did you get yours from and did you get the bolts from the same place too.

this was what I was thinking to be honest.. same size all round will keep the stagger.. where did you get yours from and did you get the bolts from the same place too.

H&R hubcentric 8mm come in a set with the extended bolts.

Got them via a local tuning garage.

DPM performance sell them amongst others...

Reactions: DPM and zippster
Got my locking wheels bolts via Bimecc.

You obviously need the right length.
Off top of my head i can't tell you.

However just measure the length of the extended bolts you get with your spacers and order accordingly.

Reactions: zippster
Got my locking wheels bolts via Bimecc.

You obviously need the right length.
Off top of my head i can't tell you.

However just measure the length of the extended bolts you get with your spacers and order accordingly.

thanks mate, I think im going to go H&R 10mm all round (not found place to order yet ordering them from yet!) are the bolts radius or tapered so you know?

thanks mate, I think im going to go H&R 10mm all round (not found place to order yet ordering them from yet!) are the bolts radius or tapered so you know?

I believe they're tapered.

But the spacer kit will come with the appropriate bolts, lengthwise and fit.

If using oem wheels then the bolts should be radius.
I fitted spacers on my pfl and suffered vibration, in the end I had to buy extended bolts that had the floating radius washer like the originals have which solved my problem.
From memory the original bolts are 27mm so you need to add on the spacer size to that to workout the bolt length you need.