1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q5 Space saver spare wheel possible with 20 inch option?

malcolmrmcintyre May 4, 2018

1. malcolmrmcintyre

malcolmrmcintyre New Member Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi Q5

I have a 2018 Q5 with 20 inch wheel option, and B&O sound system.
    Car came with only the tyre repair kit, and the spare well in the boot is filled with the sub-woofer from the B&O.
    Never owned a car without at least a space-saver spare, so feeling anxious about trips off the beaten path. The sub looks easily removable, but is there such a thing as a space saver wheel and tyre for the 20 inch opion?

2. paul wev

paul wev Member

I’ve got a collapsible spare with the b&o sub inside of it, with 21” wheels, sq5, 2013, if that’s any help?

SQ5

3. malcolmrmcintyre

That sounds interesting, I’ll see if I can buy one.

paul wev likes this.
  4. Dan_G

Dan_G Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 SQ5 owners group

I have similar issue - 20"s on my 2018 SQ5 with B&O and no spare, just a can of gunk and air pump.

Firstly i dont think that tyres can be patched if you use the gunk?

Secondly, I'm off around Europe in the summer and want a spare - I dont want to be caught in the middle of nowhere with, potentially, a tyre that cant be re inflated etc.

Actively watching Ebay for a spare 20" - but if you do find a space saver that fits the new Q5, id be interested.

5. malcolmrmcintyre

O.K. the collapsible spare from Audi costs over Five Hundred Pounds! if not included with the initial new car order. Outrageous, in my opinion. As a result, even E-bay items are very expensive.
    After thinking about it I have instead gone for a complete set of new Audi 20 inch wheels and winter tyres. These are far more readily available, pricing is competeive, hence far better value. I got mine for a thousand the set of new wheels and tyres.
    My plan is to obviously use the winter wheels in winter, saving the diamond cuts from the salt, and to carry a full size spare in the boot, on the rare occasions I am driving somewhere inaccessible.