sounds like an exhaust blow.......

sx_turbo

Reaction score
Got a noise on my a4 it sounds like the exhaust is blowing,

But its not, when I block the exhaust it doesn't blow from anywhere,

So has anyone had this before? Any ideas what it might be?

Its not constantly, its most audible when I turn the car off.

Or rev the car a bit and let off the throttle.

Mine occasionaly does this although getting worse, as much as I love the car im seriously thinking of just trading it in for newer and less hassle as its one thing after another on these engines

Mine occasionaly does this although getting worse, as much as I love the car im seriously thinking of just trading it in for newer and less hassle as its one thing after another on these engines

i'm starting to feel exactly the same thing, and I've only had it 5 months,

whats most annoying is that I was told they are super reliable, but i'm quickly finding that is far from the case,

i'm hoping I am worrying about nothing, and its just a baffle in the exhaust gone or something, I have had mechanics look at it and found nothing, but to be honest that doesn't feel me with confidence, because I also asked them to look into some squeeking coming from a pulley some where, they said it was the crank pulley and it went when they sprayed silicone spray on, well it wasn't that it was a cambelt pulley that I had to diagnose myself, and insist they put a new belt kit and water pump on it,

Ive owned mine a year and a half, I have covered 40k in the car now but from the start its had running issues, the stuttering, misfire, loud noise from exhaust through airbox on and off throttle, then runs fine very weird, I have serviced car myself every 10k or under without fail, had my mate who has his own garage and diagnostics check car dozens of times and never anything, I have changed egr valve for new, replaced vacuum actuator, checked all wiring, hoses etc ....... Car has wanted for nothing and been pampered and just gets on my nerves now, Back to ford for me as I have never had any hassles from them. Previous focus and Mondeo models ive done huge millage in them and never had this hassle.