Something not quite sounding right with my order?

Disco Dal

Reaction score
Ordered a Sepang S3 SB S-Stronic through Coventry Audi on December 4th. Not heard anything from them since and gave them a call today to see if they had a BW or an update and have been told BW17. So unlikely I will be seeing the car before May now . Considering I ordered it back at the start of December this is a little disappointing to say the least. If it is not here in time for the annual pilgramage to Le Mans in June I will be devastated. Has anyone else had a delay along these lines especially when I was told March delivery when I placed my order.

Ordered with them 14th dec and been told start of May with an exclusive colour so yours seems a bit excessive ...

That does sound an excessive lead time. I ordered mine on 6/12/2014, we amended a spec of a similar car to my spec, build week 6. Will be here for early March. It's got a lot of kit on it, but not exclusive!

What spec have you selected?

Order confirmed today bw6 : 1st week of march
ordered 5th dec cov audi
s3 sportback
glacier white
s tronic
tech pack pan roof
crusie control
silver rails
red calipers
super sport seats

havent heard anything from them until today. If you have exclusive colour add more then 4 weeks more.

I ordered my at the beginning of october and its due to be build BW4 so should arrive early march, so 5 months turn around.

No special order particularly.

S3 S-Tronic SB
Sepang Blue
Silver rails
Red calipers
SD Sat Nav
Interior LED Pack
Mono Pur
Audi 10 Speaker stereo
Super Sports Seats
Comfort Pack with Parking Plus

Seems a bit weird to now be given a BW17 considering I ordered at start of December. Makes me think that Coventry are getting over run with orders due to their discount levels and are dropping the ball on processing them all maybe?

I ordered S3 Saloon manual in December.

Been give build week 11.

I ordered S3 Saloon manual in December.

Been give build week 11.
The wait on saloons is known to be longer than Sportbacks & hatchbacks due to being built in Hungary

@Disco Dal - Your wait does seem excessive IMO

The wait on saloons is known to be longer than Sportbacks & hatchbacks due to being built in Hungary

@Disco Dal - Your wait does seem excessive IMO

Ordered S3 3 door mid-November. Originally given build week 3, but unfortunately when I got the hard copy the spec was wrong. After much, much chasing, the incorrect order was unfortunately locked by then (see other posting on dealer experience), so a new (correct) order finally (hopefully?) went in mid-December, build week 11 :( Delivery mid-April. That's about 5 months from the original order date.

ordered 5th dec cov audi
s3 sportback
glacier white
s tronic
tech pack pan roof
crusie control
silver rails
red calipers
super sport seats

havent heard anything from them until today. If you have exclusive colour add more then 4 weeks more.
er.... add 3 months more. I ordered October 10th, expected delivery for standard colour by New Years Eve, my delivery will be March 18th on my exclusive.

ordered 5th dec cov audi
s3 sportback
glacier white
s tronic
tech pack pan roof
crusie control
silver rails
red calipers
super sport seats

Week 6 isn't 1st week in March, it's actually 1st week of Feb. 1st week of March is week 10.
So assume you mean BW6 - delivery week 10 (could be optomistic)

I ordered early October 14 and still don't have a build week! I was originally told BW4 and early March 15 delivery but that now looks unlikely. I've chased with dealer and Audi customer services and they are both puzzled by the lack of BW. I've been promised an update next week.

I know the demand for the saloon/sedan is outstripping production and the 184q Saloon is a new variant but 3+ months in this is getting very annoying. :mad:

No special order particularly.

S3 S-Tronic SB
Sepang Blue
Silver rails
Red calipers
SD Sat Nav
Interior LED Pack
Mono Pur
Audi 10 Speaker stereo
Super Sports Seats
Comfort Pack with Parking Plus

Seems a bit weird to now be given a BW17 considering I ordered at start of December. Makes me think that Coventry are getting over run with orders due to their discount levels and are dropping the ball on processing them all maybe?
It doesn't quite work like that. When an order is submitted it goes through stock control, they then look for a similar spec car that's already been ordered for stock, then amend it to your spec, and reorder the car they amended to yours which goes to the back of the queue. PM me I might be able to provide you with some information.

Week 6 isn't 1st week in March, it's actually 1st week of Feb. 1st week of March is week 10.
So assume you mean BW6 - delivery week 10 (could be optomistic)
Yeh.... Boss told me I would have it end of week 10. Good Considering I was given original March 20th pick up

I ordered mine 16 December From Coventry Audi, and i havent heard anything after, they told me itll be ready for the 1st of march when i signed the papers hope mine doesnt get delayed

When I ordered mine (Nov 17th & BW8) I was told that it was down to the options that pushed it out so far. Didn't get to the bottom of it, but it had me speculating as to whether they did specific options in "batches".

You could have it next week if it wasn't Sepang, there's a world shortage of Sepang Blue paint.

:hubbahubba:

Sorry but it's a proven fact that red is the quickest, even in motorbikes................

i was thought that was just for Italian cars & bikes, for Germans it was silver and for the English it was British Racing Green,,,

I ordered on the 26th November and was told to expect to be able to pick up the car mid to late march. Ever since I went in an ordered I had heard nothing back from them so had no idea what my build week was, until today when I decided I was sick of not hearing anything so I gave them a call, they told me today that they placed my order on the 28th November and I now have build week 16! If i'm right I make that the 2nd or 3rd week in April so delivery would probably be mid to late May! I'm quite annoyed now as that has pushed my original expectations back by 2 months!! They have said that it may well come earlier, but are they just trying to keep me sweet?!

I ordered on the 26th November and was told to expect to be able to pick up the car mid to late march. Ever since I went in an ordered I had heard nothing back from them so had no idea what my build week was, until today when I decided I was sick of not hearing anything so I gave them a call, they told me today that they placed my order on the 28th November and I now have build week 16! If i'm right I make that the 2nd or 3rd week in April so delivery would probably be mid to late May! I'm quite annoyed now as that has pushed my original expectations back by 2 months!! They have said that it may well come earlier, but are they just trying to keep me sweet?!
What was your order?

My order was placed just after yours and i got BW5 (confirmed with Audi UK yesterday)

This post is interesting. I have literally ordered mine on Saturday, confirmed spec today and been verbally told it will be March or April, depending on whether they can amend a stock car or not.

Tend to think I am being had over on these dates based on what others have said. What is a realistic date for delivery? June?

Not too bothered about waiting as have some unfinished business in the M135i, so can enjoy this until it's ready.

If it's a stock car you will probably have it as soon as 1st March

If it's a stock car you will probably have it as soon as 1st March

Okay, that would be good but very much doubt it will be a stock car as when we checked there were something like 2 cars that matched the options I want and none were in the right colour. last I spoke to the salesman he thought it was likely to be a new build. Apparently 10 weeks from ordering is what Audi are currently stating, so am astonished people have waited so long.

Okay, that would be good but very much doubt it will be a stock car as when we checked there were something like 2 cars that matched the options I want and none were in the right colour. last I spoke to the salesman he thought it was likely to be a new build. Apparently 10 weeks from ordering is what Audi are currently stating, so am astonished people have waited so long.

Very much depends on spec, trust me the right spec can mean a long wait!

Reactions: nickatkinson
I managed to take over an existing stock order. It wasn't even for an S3. So I had exactly the spec I wanted and got the car in around eight weeks. So a stock build slot really is the way to go.

Had it confirmed by the dealer now that it is scheduled to be built W/C 13th April and therefore they expect it at the dealership in Mid May. Order date was 10th December and estimated delivery date on placing order was 31st march. So I am looking at an additional 6 weeks. Not the end of the world as I get to save some additional cash but it will be the end of the world if its not here by Le Mans!

I am juggling needing new tyres on the M135i before my S3 arrives if it is much later than April. In the current weather conditions this is making driving interesting and it is going to get worse. Could do without wasting money on tyres for a car I am not keeping!

I am juggling needing new tyres on the M135i before my S3 arrives if it is much later than April. In the current weather conditions this is making driving interesting and it is going to get worse. Could do without wasting money on tyres for a car I am not keeping!

Buy some Nankangs!!! Haha ....I had the same dilemma and just put some cheap ones on it!! I was almost 100% slick on my previous tyres so had no choice....

Reactions: nickatkinson
Buy some Nankangs!!! Haha ....I had the same dilemma and just put some cheap ones on it!! I was almost 100% slick on my previous tyres so had no choice....

The standard tyres are the best I have ever come across by a long way. They are Michelin Pilot Supersport and have worn amazingly well and offer incredible grip, not too bad in winter either. I have driven the car every day through 2 winters and it has been fine with them on.

Had Contis on the Focus RS and they worn out pretty quickly from memory, not sure how they are on the S3?

Haha yeh some hilarious reviews for them tyres you mention, might just throw some on and do some drifting! (On a private road) one of the reviews says "buy them if you like going backwards at high speed"

Reactions: David83S3
Been on the phone to Audi UK today and they've told me my BW has come forward from BW16 to BW13 but it's not locked down yet....... I'm hoping it comes forward some more, with BW13 (23rd march) it's still looking like a delivery of around mid to late April. I'm only annoyed because I was told I'd have a early to mid March delivery when I ordered, with me being away with work for most of January and all of February I sold my car a few weeks ago thinking I would return home in march and only have a week or 2 to wait with no car, now looks like I'll be without a car for around 6-8 weeks, and the other reason being that people have ordered cars with similar or practically the same spec after me and have BW 5's & 6's!

Been on the phone to Audi UK today and they've told me my BW has come forward from BW16 to BW13 but it's not locked down yet....... I'm hoping it comes forward some more, with BW13 (23rd march) it's still looking like a delivery of around mid to late April. I'm only annoyed because I was told I'd have a early to mid March delivery when I ordered, with me being away with work for most of January and all of February I sold my car a few weeks ago thinking I would return home in march and only have a week or 2 to wait with no car, now looks like I'll be without a car for around 6-8 weeks, and the other reason being that people have ordered cars with similar or practically the same spec after me and have BW 5's & 6's!

Hope it's brought forward again for you (as long as it doesn't take my slot) seriously though, my dealer must be very optimistic with mine as he is still adamant that it will be here in April, even though it was only ordered a couple of weeks ago. Ah well, trying to forget about it now.

Makes me think that Coventry are getting over run with orders due to their discount levels and are dropping the ball on processing them all maybe?

When I ordered mine in October the salesperson told me that each dealership is allocated a certain number of S3's each quarter, that way they are not over run with S3's on the road which keeps residuals high!. Maybe they have exceeded their quota and put you in on the next quarters quota!!!

Reactions: David83S3