Some Questions - First Browse in a While

Gazjs

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while, and i am looking to query a few things i thought o rear when last on but cant find again!

• 1 year "check up" - does such a service exist from Audi? When i had an Audi under a company car, i got a card through the door telling me it was time for my free 1 year check up. I have had nothing with the S3 though?
  • Rear arch paint peel, i am sure i seen this as an issue on some vehicles?
IMG 5036

The service interval is determined by the setting in the DIS (fixed or variable)
If you are on fixed (<10K miles per annum) servicing is annual. First year is Inspection and oil change.

I haven't posted in a while, and i am looking to query a few things i thought o rear when last on but cant find again!

• Rear arch paint peel, i am sure i seen this as an issue on some vehicles?
View attachment 130701

Yes I've had this problem on both my new white cars - TT in 2013 and A3 in 2014. It's as though the underseal is oversprayed and then the paint won't adhere. It's particularly noticeable in white. There was no argument at all from Audi that it was a warranty job. The Audi dealer sent the TT away for painting under the rear wheel arch and it's been perfect ever since. The A3 was almost laughable as Audi UK insisted on replacing the whole of the rear plastic section that includes the wheel arch lip! Again the job was done well and no re-occurrence has happened, but it was a bit OTT to replace this part when a simple spray job would have sufficed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk