Some advice ASAP please

bokoboy

Reaction score
hi folks in feb had my car in for service , checked my oil about three weeks ago and I thought it was a bit high on the dipstick. The dealers took it in gave me some story about residue on the dipstick tube but they removed 200 ml . Well I trust very little people in this world until I know them so I ordered some nice new oil and a filter and this morning used my trusty sealy oil pump and drained the old oil .
Low and behold about 6 1/2 litres came out :rage::rage: I’m sure my car only needs 5.7 litres s3 228 kw 306 hp ??? Am I right and what action now :angry:

How much oil did you pour back in?
We all expect master techs to work on our cars and do a conscientious job if we pay Audi £200 for £40 quids worth of oil/filter and a tyre measure but is life in the dealer's workshop really like that?
If the oil hasn't frothed, got into your turbo/cat via the breather/combustion route and left a trail of blue smoke behind you I wouldn't fret.
Unless you enjoy getting your pound of flesh out of the service manager, I wouldn't cause yourself any more stress over it.

Put in 5.7 let
How much oil did you pour back in?
We all expect master techs to work on our cars and do a conscientious job if we pay Audi £200 for £40 quids worth of oil/filter and a tyre measure but is life in the dealer's workshop really like that?
If the oil hasn't frothed, got into your turbo/cat via the breather/combustion route and left a trail of blue smoke behind you I wouldn't fret.
Unless you enjoy getting your pound of flesh out of the service manager, I wouldn't cause yourself any more stress over it.
put in 5.7 l let it idle for a while then sit about an hour it’s bang on the max :icon thumright: I’ll res easy knowing it’s been done right this time :grinning: still a bit peed off wi the money grabbers that guarantees perfection blah blah blah :rage:

A bit OCD, but I always check my oil level after a service.....one to check the oil was changed and also the level, as once a long time ago, it was overfilled by about a 1/2 litre. I know this sounds a bit like a schoolmaster but checking your oil 4 months after a service is way too long and from what you state, it must have been really overfilled at the service date.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ron240