Sold the S3 and bought an M140i

NFox

S3 Black Edition
Reaction score
So after 2 years of ownership, I made the decision to sale the S3. It was actually quite upsetting to see it go but I absolutely love the M140i.

In my typical fashion, I have put my thoughts in to a video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost and Raiden
I had a lift in a 140 a few weeks ago and I was mildly impressed. I’ve not driven many 4 wheel drive cars, but I definitely prefer the the power coming from the rear of my S212 compared to the front; although the V6 chews through rear tyres for breakfast. You will notice the difference and of course the BMW ‘is’ the ultimate driving machine.

The key things I wasn’t too sure about was around the interior.

Yes it looks dated, in fact it reminds me of an updated version of my Audi B3 convertible. I can’t believe BMW still use the old school orange dials. But compared to your S3 I’m guessing it looks fresh.

Space was the other thing, or complete lack of. We were a group of four business men, which with our one night travel bags it was a struggle. It felt very cramped, particularly in the back, I am 5’11’, particularly when the guy in the front had to put his suit bag in his footwell. The space is more akin to an A1 rather than A3.

But anyhow, that’s just my opinion. I hope you get plenty smiles for your miles out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost and NFox
I had a lift in a 140 a few weeks ago and I was mildly impressed. I’ve not driven many 4 wheel drive cars, but I definitely prefer the the power coming from the rear of my S212 compared to the front; although the V6 chews through rear tyres for breakfast. You will notice the difference and of course the BMW ‘is’ the ultimate driving machine.

The key things I wasn’t too sure about was around the interior.

Yes it looks dated, in fact it reminds me of an updated version of my Audi B3 convertible. I can’t believe BMW still use the old school orange dials. But compared to your S3 I’m guessing it looks fresh.

Space was the other thing, or complete lack of. We were a group of four business men, which with our one night travel bags it was a struggle. It felt very cramped, particularly in the back, I am 5’11’, particularly when the guy in the front had to put his suit bag in his footwell. The space is more akin to an A1 rather than A3.

But anyhow, that’s just my opinion. I hope you get plenty smiles for your miles out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah lots of people mention the interior but as you say, moving from a 2010 s3 to it it seems a huge jump up especially the infotainment!

The boot is a reasonable size but yes, I wouldn’t want to sit in the back! I don’t generally take back seat passengers anyway though so shouldn’t be too much of an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost and Crazyfool
Hi Nick, good luck with the new car. I hope you really enjoy it. :) x

Reactions: Ghost and NFox